Nissan Altima Interior
Critics think the 2015 Nissan Altima’s interior offers an uncomplicated, modern design, top build quality and mostly first-rate materials, including many soft-touch surfaces. Many auto writers also like the Altima’s ultra-comfortable Zero Gravity front seats, as well as its easy-to-use optional navigation system.
- "The 2015 Altima has one of the nicer cabins in its class. The overall look is simple yet upscale, while a closer inspection reveals tight construction and mostly high-quality materials." -- Edmunds
- "The interior is more contemporary looking, still quiet, and its materials and colors are attractive." -- Motor Trend (2013)
- "And the interior materials are softest in the most important places, such the center console where our right elbow always rests on a long trip." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
- "Like the exterior, the cabin's overall aesthetic hedges toward the conservative, but given the segment, that's appropriate. As it is, the Altima's new digs are at or near the top of the class." -- Autoblog (2013)
Nissan Altima Pictures
The 2015 Nissan Altima seats five and comes standard with cloth upholstery and Nissan’s Zero Gravity front seats, which were designed using NASA research to minimize fatigue on longer drives. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, power-adjustable front seats and a heated steering wheel. Test drivers agree that the Zero Gravity front seats are more supportive and comfortable than most competitors’ seats. While a few say that the back seat has a typical amount of legroom for the class, most reviewers write that rear-seat legroom is great. However, they agree that headroom in the back is tight for 6-foot passengers.
- "No matter how much you like the 2015 Nissan Altima's interior layout, or its plentiful high-end and soft-touch materials, or the easy-to-use center stack, it's the NASA-inspired ‘zero gravity’ front bucket seats that you'll love the most. They're designed to approach the relaxed ‘neutral posture’ the human body assumes in a weightless environment. While we didn't book time on Virgin Galactic to test the claim, we can say that they're surprisingly comfortable for the long haul, especially for midsize-sedan class cars." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Drivers and front passengers of all shapes and sizes should have no problem finding their comfort zone in the standard NASA-inspired ‘zero gravity’ front seats, which are remarkably well-shaped and supportive. The backseat, however, is so-so, with limited headroom and just average legroom for a family sedan. Normal-sized adults will be fine back there, but 6-footers may feel a bit cramped." -- Edmunds
- "MT's resident tall guy, Zach Gale (just over 6 foot 4), approves of the rear legroom with the driver's seat in his normal position, but is less enthusiastic about rear headroom." -- Motor Trend (2013)
- "Front-seat comfort is excellent, thanks to newly designed buckets. Supportive and soft, the seats have a memory-foam-like feel that embraces your body with a delightfully uniform pressure. The rear seats aren't quite as comfortable as those in the first-class front row, but there's plenty of space. Legroom is excellent; think exit row but without the responsibility." -- Car and Driver (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Nissan Altima include a four-speaker audio system, Bluetooth, push-button start and Easy Fill Tire Alert, which monitors your tires during inflation and honks the horn when they reach the right pressure. Available features include cruise control, a nine-speaker Bose audio system, a 5-inch touch-screen infotainment system with NissanConnect smartphone app integration, a 7-inch touch-screen system with NissanConnect and navigation, a USB/iPod input, satellite radio, hands-free text messaging, proximity key, a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, a moonroof, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic detection.
Overall, automotive journalists appreciate how Nissan has made the Altima’s complex infotainment features simple to use. They like the navigation system’s vibrant display, intuitive menu structure and quick responses to user inputs. Other highlights include the unique Easy Fill tire system, which they think is very clever and straightforward.
- "The Technology package adds a navigation system, voice controls and a more advanced 7-inch touchscreen, as well as the safety technologies discussed above. Overall, we've found these systems very easy to use." -- Edmunds
- "Nissan has done a masterful job making complex audio and navigation systems easy to operate and understand - something both old and young will appreciate." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "An optional seven-inch navigation display could serve as a model for most rivals thanks to both its bright screen and its fast, simple menus." -- Left Lane News (2013)
- "Bluetooth hands-free telephony and audio streaming is standard, as is the Easy Fill tire fill-up system, which beeps the horn as you approach the correct tire pressure. So simple, yet so ingenious." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
The 2015 Nissan Altima has 15.4 cubic feet of trunk space, which is about average for an affordable midsize car. A 60/40 split-folding rear seat is standard. Automotive experts are pleased with the size of the Altima’s trunk, as well as its wide opening and large rear-seat pass-through. Some reviewers also praise the Altima’s spacious center console.
- "Trunk space is pretty standard at 15.4 cubic feet, but the opening is conveniently wide." -- Edmunds
- "The rear seat offers very good legroom, and the huge trunk can swallow just about anything." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Practical touches abound, such as a wide pass-through to the trunk and a large center console offering lots of storage." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
Next Steps: Nissan Altima
- View the best prices for the 2015 Nissan Altima
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Nissan Altima
- Search used Nissan Altima for sale (29,782 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals