Nissan Armada Review
The 2015 Nissan Armada ranks 13 out of 13 Affordable Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Nissan Armada, as well as reliability and safety data.
Even though they think the 2015 Nissan Armada has decent off-road capability, auto critics say it has poor fuel economy and numb handling.
The 2015 Nissan Armada's standard V8 engine is strong and produces quick acceleration, test drivers write. A five-speed automatic transmission is mated to the V8, and critics think it shifts smoothly, but it adds to the Armada's low fuel economy rating. The EPA finds the 2015 Armada gets up to 13/19 mpg city/highway, which is substandard for the class. Critics report that the Armada isn’t very nimble, that maneuverability in tight spaces is difficult and that the steering feel is heavy. They acknowledge that the 2015 Armada has a smooth ride on the highway and that its brakes are strong, but some complain the pedal feels mushy. Test drivers agree that the Armada’s optional four-wheel drive system makes it capable off-road.
Auto journalists report the 2015 Nissan Armada's interior is solidly built and constructed with high-end materials. The first- and second-row seats are supportive and spacious, reviewers say, but the third row is too small for adults. The Armada provides numerous interior storage spaces for small items, automotive journalists say, but overall cargo space is low for the class. Most of the Armada’s gauges and controls are clearly laid out, according to test drivers, but they think some audio and climate controls are located too far away from the driver, and that models equipped with the navigation system have too many buttons. The 2015 Armada comes standard with Bluetooth phone connectivity, a USB port, satellite radio, an auxiliary input, dual-zone automatic climate control and rear parking sensors. Available features include an 11-speaker Bose stereo system, a rearview camera, Bluetooth streaming audio, front parking sensors, leather seats, a rear-seat entertainment system and a 7-inch touch-screen navigation system with voice recognition.
- "This big SUV is built to haul, tow and move loads of passengers, thanks in part to its rugged body-on-frame platform and powerful V8 engine. After all, how many vehicles let you trailer up to 9,000 pounds and also cart around eight people? Of course, the downside to Nissan's big SUV formula is a truck-like ride and subpar fuel economy -- two attributes that are not very popular among family buyers." -- AutoTrader
- "Though the 2015 Nissan Armada is a capable full-size SUV, it's outclassed by newer truck-based rivals as well as the latest crop of crossover SUVs." -- Edmunds
- "Even among full-size SUVs, the Nissan Armada's fuel economy is pretty bad. Both the Chevrolet Tahoe and Ford Expedition offer better numbers. In addition, there's no escaping that this is an 11-year-old vehicle, and many of the controls feel dated." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "An all-new model back in 2004, the Armada is getting on a bit in years but is still a good choice for those looking to do large amounts of people or cargo hauling." -- Left Lane News
Nissan Armada Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
According to auto writers, the Toyota Sequoia has a strong V8 engine and a very comfortable ride. They add that the Sequoia can fit adults comfortably in the third row and it has much more overall cargo space than the Armada.
The Dodge Durango has a composed ride, as well as an available V8 that provides plenty of power, critics report. The Durango gets better fuel economy than the Armada, and test drivers say its eight-speed automatic transmission shifts smoothly.
Details: 2015 Nissan Armada
The 2015 Nissan Armada has seating for eight people in three rows. A 5.6-liter V8 engine, rear-wheel drive and five-speed automatic transmission are standard. Four-wheel drive is available. The 2015 Armada comes in three trims: SV, SL and Platinum. The Armada hasn’t been fully redesigned since its debut for the 2004 model year, but it received a major update for the 2008 model year. Since it sees no major changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Nissan Armada
- View the best prices for the 2015 Nissan Armada
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Nissan Armada
- Search used Nissan Armada for sale (2,392 listings)
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals