2013 Nissan Armada Interior
Some auto writers note that the Armada is outfitted with quality materials, while others say that it lags behind the competition, with a boring look and subpar materials.
- "It replaced the old, garbage-can quality plastics with rich appointments that wouldn't look out of place in an Infiniti." -- Left Lane News
- "Interior decor is mostly plain with materials that trail Armada's large-SUV rivals. Test examples had various creaks and rattles, including a squeaking steering column and wind whistle from the cargo area." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Climb inside the passenger cabin of the … Nissan Armada and you'll find a handsome space done up in generally high-quality materials. …" -- Edmunds (2012)
- "As in many competitors, the interior is dated. And apart from a heated steering wheel, navigation, DVD player, and a few other niceties, it's hard to discern a Platinum-grade Armada from a less expensive SL." -- Automobile Magazine (2012)
The 2013 Armada has seating for eight in three rows, but can be outfitted with second-row captain’s seats, which reduces seating to seven. Cloth seats and power-adjustable front seats come standard. Leather seats and heated front- and second-row seats are optional. Reviewers say space is good in the first row. One critic finds that the front seats are comfortable and hold occupants in place with good side bolstering. Test drivers say large side mirrors help the Armada’s outward visibility. Auto writers also think the second row is spacious and comfortable. One reviewer likes the high seating position in the third row, which makes it feel less cramped, while another reviewer says the third row should be left to children.
- "Passengers in the Armada SUV's 3rd-row seat have a slightly elevated perch designed to give them an equally good view ahead as well as make the area feel less claustrophobic." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Space in generous for first and second-row passengers, although the third-row is best suited for children." -- Left Lane News
- "However, Nissan did get one thing right -- the front seats are very comfortable and surprisingly well-bolstered giving the non-sporting demeanor of this truck." -- Automobile Magazine (2012)
- "Small nearby objects are tough to spot, but visibility is commanding otherwise, helped by jumbo door mirrors and unobtrusive headrests. Very high step-in gives the standard running boards a workout." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The Armada comes equipped with dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth phone connectivity and an eight-speaker stereo system with an auxiliary input and USB port. Available features include Bluetooth streaming audio, a backup camera, an upgraded Bose stereo, satellite radio, a rear-seat entertainment system and a touch-screen navigation system.
Reviewers say the gauges are clearly marked and easy to read. One test driver says the climate controls may be hard to reach and wash out in the daylight, making them hard to read. Despite there being a ton of controls, one auto critic says they’re arranged logically on the dashboard and are easy to use.
- "The gauges are easy to read. Simple three-dial climate system may be a stretch away for some drivers, and its dial positions can be tough to decipher in daylight.” -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Though there are a lot of buttons on the dash (especially in upper trim levels equipped with the navigation system), everything is arranged in an uncomplicated manner that's relatively intuitive." -- Edmunds (2012)
The 2013 Nissan Armada has 97.1 cubic feet of total space behind the first row, 56.7 cubic feet behind the second row and 20 cubic feet with all seats in use. These figures trail other large SUVs like the Chevrolet Suburban and Ford Expedition. One test driver notes that occupants should have plenty of space to stash their belongings inside the cabin.
- "Primed for cargo, the Armada can carry up to 97 cubic feet, about 10 cubic feet fewer than many of its full-size SUV competitors." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "The front-passenger seat back folds flat for a long cargo channel in SVs with cloth upholstery. Terrific interior storage includes bins, pockets, and lots of beverage holders." -- Consumer Guide (2012)