Nissan Frontier Interior
Reviewers say that the 2014 Nissan Frontier has a functionally designed cabin that’s built primarily with durable hard plastics. Some also note that the Frontier’s interior is comfortable, with a clean dashboard that features straightforward controls.
- "The 2014 Frontier's cabin is versatile and comfortable." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Hard plastic abounds on the dashboard, console, and door panels; all cabin materials are predictably workman-like." -- Consumer Guide
- "Regardless of cab and bed selections, the Frontier offers a utilitarian cabin with sturdy materials and a simple dashboard with straightforward controls." -- Left Lane News
- "Inside the 2013 Nissan Frontier you'll find a good balance between comfort and practicality." -- Edmunds (2013)
The Frontier King Cab seats up to four people and Crew Cab models seat five. Cloth seats are standard, while leather upholstery and heated, power-adjustable front seats are optional. Reviewers say the Frontier's front bucket seats are comfortable and supportive. Most agree that the King Cab's rear jump seats aren't very spacious and suggest the Crew Cab model, which has adequate legroom, though some say that headroom is tight for 6-footers.
- "Lumbar support in higher trims improves driver comfort. We wish the steering wheel would telescope and not just tilt." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The King Cab's jump seats are best used for preteens or cargo storage. The Crew Cab is more useful, but legroom rapidly disappears as the front seats are pushed back, making the rear seat best for kids. Headroom in either body style gets tight for anyone over 6-feet tall, especially when the sunroof is ordered." -- Consumer Guide
- "Extended King Cab models feature rear-hinged doors that swing open to reveal a pair of fold-down jump seats that are really only useful for an occasional short trip due to their vertical seatbacks and limited legroom." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "All models have supportive, comfortable front bucket seats. Adults have adequate legroom in the rear of the crew cab." -- PickupTrucks.com (2011)
The Frontier comes standard with a four-speaker stereo. Optional features include air conditioning, an AM/FM/CD stereo, power windows and mirrors, remote keyless entry, a 10-speaker Rockford Fosgate stereo system, a USB port, Bluetooth, satellite radio, navigation, a 5.8-inch touch-screen display, dual-zone automatic climate control and a backup camera.
Test drivers say the Frontier's dash layout is straightforward and that all controls are within easy reach. They also report that the gauges are easy to read and think the switchgear has a quality feel.
- "The layout is quite simple and easy to understand. All controls are within arm's reach." -- Consumer Guide
- "The interior is attractive and functional, with easily read gauges, nicely shaped climate controls and high-mounted audio system controls." -- MSN (2007)
The Frontier comes with a 6-foot bed, while a 5-foot bed is available on Crew Cab models. Reviewers say that the Frontier's optional, movable bed tie downs are helpful for securing cargo, and that both cab configurations have useful space for carrying cargo when there aren't rear passengers. Some also note that the front passenger seat folds flat, creating space for a makeshift workstation.
- "The rear seats in both cab styles have useful cargo space, provided nobody is sitting back there. Nissan provides plenty of small-items storage up front, though the center console's shallow tray would benefit from a rubber mat to keep phones and keys from sliding around." -- Consumer Guide
- "As far as the bed itself is concerned, the 6-foot version available as an option on Crew Cab models is the way to go if you plan to do any serious hauling. The available movable tie-downs offer added flexibility when it comes time to secure that load." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "All Frontiers boast storage versatility with rear seats that flip up to create open space and a front passenger seat that folds flat to become an impromptu workstation." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
Next Steps: Nissan Frontier
- View the best prices for the 2014 Nissan Frontier
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Nissan Frontier
- Search used Nissan Frontier for sale (5,364 listings)
- See Compact Pickup Trucks rankings