Nissan Juke Interior
Test drivers say that the 2013 Nissan Juke is made with its fair share of hard plastics, and some reviewers like its uniquely-styled cabin, which helps it stand out in its class. The base Juke is well-equipped and its features are easy-to-use, according to most reviewers. Although it seats five, many test drivers say the Juke is cramped, and even the front seats can be tight for tall adults. The cargo area is also small, and with the rear seats up, reviewers don’t think the area is very useful.
- "Juke's interior styling is as bold as its exterior, though some cost cutting is evident. The headliner is budget grade, and some plastics are lackluster. However, some satin-finish trim and the high-gloss console and door trim add visual interest." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Though plenty of hard plastic surfaces line the Juke's cabin, a few colorful details enliven what could have been an otherwise ordinary space." -- Popular Mechanics (2011)
- "There's a decent cargo area, but you must fold the rear seats to get real carrying capacity. Families with strollers and such might find themselves cramped out of the Juke." -- Car and Driver (2011)
The Nissan Juke has seatbelts for five, but its small cabin may be uncomfortable for some people. Test drivers agree that the front seats have enough room for most adults, though they also mention that tall people won’t have enough head- or legroom. Additionally, they say the rear seats are cramped, and that the Juke’s low roof cuts into headroom.
- "Front-seat space is adequate for most adults, though very tall occupants might feel cramped. The sunroof's housing cuts slightly into headroom, and passenger-side knee room is stingy." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Legroom is ample up front and passable in the Juke's backseat, but you'll have your head in the rafters if you're as tall as 6 feet and silly enough to climb in back. Shoulder room is tight as well, apparently because those flared fenders swallow the extra track width while the greenhouse tapers inward." -- Edmunds (2011)
- "The rear seats should fit a pair of adults (and three in a pinch), provided the front-seat occupants are not tall. Headroom is tight for anyone over 5 feet 10 inches, and rear legroom can disappear quickly as the front passengers get more comfortable." -- MSN (2011)
The 2013 Juke comes standard with a six-speaker stereo, auxiliary input jack, iPod connectivity and Bluetooth. Optional features include a USB port, Rockford Fosgate audio system, satellite radio, navigation system, push-button start and a rearview camera.
According to test drivers, the Juke’s interior controls are labeled clearly, and the audio and climate buttons are easy to reach and use. Reviewers say the navigation system is functional, and think the optional Rockford Fosgate audio system’s sound quality is good.
- "Backlit gauges are clearly marked and unobstructed. Stereo and climate controls are easily accessible." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "To its credit, the Juke's controls are large and easy to navigate. ..." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "The optional upgraded stereo sounds nice, with a thumping, powered Rockford-Fosgate subwoofer in the trunk. Nissan's navigation system works well, too." -- Automobile Magazine (2011)
The Nissan Juke has less cargo space than most compact SUVs. There’s 10.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 35.9 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. Reviewers wish the Juke had more cargo space, but they also think that the available room is useful when the rear seats are folded. One test driver mentions that the cabin’s small-item storage is minimal.
- "Don't look for much in the way of cargo space because with only 10.5 cubic feet, there isn't much. However, folding the rear seats flat creates 35 cubic feet of space, more than enough to fit all of your toys." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Small-items storage is subpar; there are no cupholders in the rear-seat area, only a bottle holder in each rear door." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Nissan Juke
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Nissan Juke
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Nissan Juke for sale (2,130 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Nissan Juke
- See what others paid for the 2013 Nissan Juke
- View Nissan Juke Photos
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings