2014 Nissan Leaf Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM: INVERTERRecall Date: 05/15/2014
- Summary: Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2014 Nissan LEAF vehicles manufactured April 15, 2014, through April 24, 2014. Due to a problem with the motor control circuit board, the inverter may fail, causing the vehicle shut down.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 196
- Consequence: An unexpected vehicle shut down increases the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace the inverter, free of charge. The recall began in July 2014. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- Dates of Manufacture APR 14, 2014 to APR 23, 2014
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V263000
STRUCTURERecall Date: 04/15/2014
- Summary: Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2014 LEAF vehicles manufactured February 28, 2014, through March 12, 2014. The front structural member assembly may be missing welds, which could reduce the structural integrity of the vehicle if the vehicle is involved in a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection," and 305, "Electric-Powered Vehicles: Electrolyte Spillage and Electrical Shock Protection."
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 211
- Consequence: Missing welds may effect the vehicle's integrity in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury to the vehicle's occupants.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect to see if any of the welds are missing. Any vehicle missing welds will be replaced, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin by mid-June 2014. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Dates of Manufacture FEB 27, 2014 to MAR 11, 2014
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V192000
AIR BAGS:FRONTALRecall Date: 03/24/2014
- Summary: Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Altima, LEAF, Pathfinder, and Sentra, model year 2013 NV200 (aka Taxi) and Infiniti JX35 and model year 2014 Infiniti Q50 and QX60 vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the occupant classification system (OCS) software may incorrectly classify the passenger seat as empty, when it is occupied by an adult.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 989701
- Consequence: If the OCS does not detect an adult occupant in the passenger seat, the passenger airbag would be deactivated. Failure of the passenger airbag to deploy during a crash (where deployment is warranted) could increase the risk of injury to the passenger.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will update the OCS software, free of charge. The recall began on April 14, 2014. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Dates of Manufacture NOV 20, 2012 to FEB 05, 2014
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V138000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2014 Nissan Leaf is covered by a three-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. The Leaf’s battery pack is covered by an eight-year/100,000-mile warranty.