Nissan Leaf Interior
The automotive press agrees that the 2015 Nissan Leaf features an attractive and modern interior design. Some note that the cabin has a number of hard plastic surfaces, but most critics appreciate the Leaf’s straightforward, spacious cabin and user-friendly tech features.
- "Despite the Leaf's economy car roots, the interior is surprisingly pleasant. There's a strong emphasis on modern design, with a large center stack in the middle of the dash housing most of the car's system controls." -- Edmunds
- "The 2014 Nissan Leaf has a futuristic and airy cabin." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Interior trim is comprised mostly of uninspired, budget-grade plastic. Given Leaf's price and high technology, it's not entirely inappropriate here." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Nissan Leaf Pictures
The 2015 Nissan Leaf seats five and comes standard with a heated steering wheel and heated front and rear seats. Cloth upholstery is standard, while partially recycled cloth or leather upholstery is available on SV and SL trims, respectively. Reviewers note that the 2015 Leaf feels roomy inside, with plenty of back-seat passenger space and terrific outward visibility from the front seats. However, a few note that the front seats could offer more side bolstering for better support.
- "The seats are comfortable, and the driving position is good. Visibility is great, especially with the redesigned rear headrests." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Nissan Leaf's battery pack is located under the floor beneath the seats, a design that contributes to the car's airy cabin and rear seats roomy enough even for tall passengers. There's no shortage of headroom in the first row, though taller drivers may find their legs a bit cramped." -- Edmunds
- "Passenger space is slightly greater than that of the typical compact, while cargo room was recently improved by moving the onboard charger to the front of the Leaf." -- Left Lane News
- "The car's tall roofline and abundance of glass make the interior feel open and provide good visibility. The front seats are adequate, but could use more side support." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
The 2015 Nissan Leaf comes standard with Bluetooth, automatic climate control, satellite radio, a USB port, a rearview camera and a 4.3-inch touch-screen display. Options and features on higher trims include hands-free text messaging, a navigation system with a 7-inch touch-screen display, a seven-speaker Bose audio system, iPhone app integration for Pandora Internet radio and Nissan’s Around View Monitor, which uses multiple cameras to provide a 360-degree view around the vehicle when parking.
While reviewers agree that the Leaf’s cabin is high-tech, they write that most of its interior features are easy to use. They say that programming the available navigation system is simple, and appreciate that it can locate nearby charging stations.
- "Part of the Leaf's charm -- and success -- comes from its comfortable cabin with cutting-edge technology that doesn't intimidate. You won't need a computer science background to operate the Leaf's various bells and whistles, and the cabin is pleasant and roomy." -- Edmunds
- "Leaf's two-tier gauge layout is reminiscent of the Honda Civic. It works well here. While a few displays in the binnacle below the speedometer are unconventional, they're easy to understand and read at a glance. The climate controls are self-evident, and the navigation system is fairly easy to program. It can help locate charging stations and includes a helpful energy-usage meter." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The Leaf has 24 cubic feet of cargo space behind its rear seats, which expands to 30 cubic feet with the 60/40-split rear seats folded. With the rear seats up, the Leaf offers considerably more cargo space than rivals like the Ford Focus Electric, and reviewers generally agree that the 2015 Leaf offers a useful amount of space behind the back seat.
- "Cargo room behind the rear seats is generous, at 24 cubic feet." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "In back, cargo space is good at 24 cubic feet, and the rear seats fold in a 60/40 split for larger items." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
Next Steps: Nissan Leaf
- View the best prices for the 2015 Nissan Leaf
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Nissan Leaf
- Search used Nissan Leaf for sale (621 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals