Nissan Murano Review
The 2015 Nissan Murano ranks 2 out of 12 Affordable Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Nissan Murano, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Nissan Murano is ranked:
The fully redesigned 2015 Nissan Murano has a premium interior and a composed ride, reviewers say, and it also gets excellent fuel economy for the class.
With the best combination of positive reviews and long-term ownership costs in its class, the Nissan Murano is our 2015 Best 2-Row SUV for the Money. The Murano isn't just a great value, however. It's also our Best 2-Row Midsize SUV for Families because it has the best combination of interior space, available family-friendly features and safety and reliability ratings in its class.
The 2015 Nissan Murano feels powerful enough for most situations with its standard V6 engine, test drivers report, but they note it's not exceptionally fast, especially during highway driving. The Murano's automatic transmission (CVT) shifts smoothly and precisely, critics say. With an EPA-estimated 21/28 mpg city/highway, the 2015 Murano is very fuel efficient for a six-cylinder midsize SUV. According to critics, the Nissan Murano rides comfortably and has poised handling, with little unwanted body motions through turns. Still, a few test drivers say its steering is a bit numb and comment that the 2015 Murano isn't quite as engaging to drive as the previous model.
The redesigned 2015 Nissan Murano's first-rate cabin materials wouldn’t be out of place in a luxury vehicle, auto writers report. They’re also impressed by the Murano’s stellar build quality and attractive design. Cargo space is ample for the class, and most critics report that the Murano's front and rear seats are comfortable and roomy. The 2015 Murano comes standard with a rearview camera, proximity key, dual-zone automatic climate control, a USB port and Bluetooth. Options include a nine-speaker Bose audio system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, Nissan's Around View 360-degree camera system and navigation with an 8-inch touch screen. Auto journalists like the touch screen's sharp graphics and comment that the navigation and audio systems are easy to operate.
- "The 2015 Nissan Murano's rich interior and luxurious ride take what was already a nice crossover into new, premium territory. High fuel economy, a spacious interior, and relatively affordable pricing make it fully competitive with mainstream crossovers, but it also feels special enough to make us think twice about paying extra for a luxury badge." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The Murano is the pinnacle of near-luxury SUVs. It is Nissan doing the thing they do well. The 2015 Murano is comfortable but not sporty, good looking and packed full of the kind of features you'd expect for a $35,000 to $40,000 car-based SUV. There are many such vehicles, but the 2015 Nissan Murano is easily the best of its kind." -- AutoTrader
- "After several hours behind the wheel (and more than a few minutes spent analyzing its expressive exterior design), we're confident the new Murano will help maintain Nissan's momentum." -- Forbes
- "Blending equal parts style and substance, the 2015 Murano proves it's worthy of Nissan's flagship utility designation. There are better options for families -- including Nissan's own Rogue and Pathfinder models -- but the Murano is an excellent alternative to other premium crossovers if you rank style and value above brand recognition." -- Left Lane News
Nissan Murano Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
Test drivers like the Toyota Highlander's quiet, composed ride and powerful available V6 engine. They also appreciate its first-rate cabin materials and the abundance of small-item storage spaces in the cabin.
With its available diesel engine, the Jeep Grand Cherokee gets great fuel economy for the class, and test drivers say the Grand Cherokee has ample power with any of its available engines. The Grand Cherokee has an attractive cabin and an infotainment system that is incredibly easy to use, reviewers say.
Details: 2015 Nissan Murano
The 2015 Nissan Murano seats five and comes with standard front-wheel drive or optional all-wheel drive. A 3.5-liter V6 and continuously variable transmission are standard. There are four trim levels: S, SV, SL and Platinum. The Murano is fully redesigned for the 2015 model year.
Next Steps: Nissan Murano
- View the best prices for the 2015 Nissan Murano
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Nissan Murano
- Search used Nissan Murano for sale (7,824 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals