Nissan Pathfinder Interior
Test drivers are impressed with the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder's cabin, noting an abundance of high-quality materials that have a premium feel and appearance. The Pathfinder earns high marks for its spacious seating, with most reviewers saying that the third row is among the roomiest in the class.
- "Inside, the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder offers an attractive cabin with high-quality materials that give it a decidedly premium look, especially in the top Platinum trim level." -- Edmunds
- "Climb aboard and you'll find an upscale interior that looks a class above the Pathfinder's segment." -- Left Lane News (2013)
- "The sharp edges of the old dashboard have been smoothed out, hands find soft-touch materials on nearly every surface, and thoughtful touches like padded leather on the doors go the extra step to make this Pathfinder seem more like a tall luxury sedan than a rugged all-rounder." -- Autoblog (2013)
- "And everything is well upholstered and attractively decorated-like the nicest Courtyard by Marriott ever." -- Car and Driver (2013)
The Pathfinder seats seven and comes standard with cloth upholstery. Leather upholstery, power-adjustable, heated and cooled front seats and heated second-row outboard seats are optional. Test drivers report that the Pathfinder has exceptionally comfortable front seats, as well as a comfortable middle row. Reviewers also remark that the Pathfinder has one of the more welcoming third-row seats in the class. Most agree that it is fairly easy to access thanks to the sliding second-row seats, and the third row is even comfortable for adults, which is rare for an affordable midsize SUV. Reviewers also like that you don't have to remove child seats in the second row if you want to slide the row forward to provide access to the last row.
- "Legroom is generous in the first and second rows, but the last row will be tight for adults." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Both front- and second-row occupants will find their seats comfortable and supportive. The second-row seat excels here by virtue of its ability to slide fore and aft and recline for greater comfort or to create more room for those in the back. Those seats also slide forward even with a child's car seat in place, eliminating the need to uninstall these seats every time you need to get people into the third row. And unlike the third-row seats in some competitors, the Nissan Pathfinder's rearmost seat has enough headroom to accommodate adults up to 6 feet tall. Legroom's a bit tight, though, so only kids will be happy back here on longer trips." -- Edmunds
- "In place of the off-road credentials is a focus on family usability. The second-row seats are mounted uncommonly high, but still offer vast headroom -- and they slide well out of the way for easy ingress to the rear. And the third-row is surprisingly roomy and comfortable." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "What the new Pathfinder has going for it is what feels like acres of room. The front seats are kingly and are both heated and cooled on Platinum versions. The second row is versatile, and the right-side seat can be folded forward for third-row access even when a child carrier is installed. The third-row seats fold flat in a 50/50 split. As long as the kids are banished to the rearmost accommodations, this machine can transport seven in true comfort." -- Car and Driver (2013)
The 2014 Nissan Pathfinder comes standard with tri-zone automatic climate control and a six-speaker stereo with an auxiliary input. Major options include a 13-speaker Bose stereo, Bluetooth, a rear-seat entertainment system, a panoramic sunroof, navigation, a USB port, satellite radio, rear parking sensors, a backup camera and Nissan’s Around View Monitor, which employs four cameras to give a 360-degree view around the vehicle.
Reviewers report that the navigation system’s audio interface, which has a touch screen, doesn’t needlessly complicate tasks like adjusting the stereo volume or climate controls. They also like the Around View Monitor, which gives a birds-eye view of the Pathfinder from above.
- "Even with its long list of features, gauges and controls are easy to see and operate. We're especially fond of the touchscreen electronics interface. There's nothing particularly flashy about it, but it's very easy to use and offers helpful redundant controls." -- Edmunds
- "Thankfully, Nissan passed on the finicky, all-touch infotainment systems used by others. Here, you can easily tune the radio or turn up the volume with the twist of a dial. The same goes for setting the temperature and fan speed." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Fortunately my $39,995 tester also came standard with a feature borrowed from several Infiniti vehicles called Around View. While you park, the view from a camera on each side of the Pathfinder is stitched together on the navigation screen to form a bird's-eye view of the entire vehicle. It's awesome; expect plenty of Nissan dealers to earn their holiday bonus selling customers on this feature." -- The Los Angeles Times (2013)
- "We found the controls easy to use (a knob for volume, tuning and temperature control, hallelujah!) although a bit far down to use comfortably while driving." -- Left Lane News (2013)
The Pathfinder has 16 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row. With the third row folded, there is 47.8 cubic feet available, and with the second and third row folded, a maximum of 79.8 cubic feet of cargo space is available. The Pathfinder’s cargo space isn't bad for the class, but it’s well behind what class leaders like the Chevrolet Traverse offer.
- "Surprise-and-delight features include an ample hidden storage bin aft of the third row, double map pockets behind each front seat, built-in tie-downs, and flip-out coat hooks." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "Plenty of cargo space, too." -- Road and Track (2013)
- "The down side to the Bose is the subwoofer takes up part of the under floor storage in the trunk, and with 7-seater SUV's like the Pathfinder, rear trunk space is limited anyway." -- Jalopnik (2013)
- "Fold the seats down and numerous gaps in the floor threaten to catch your cargo." -- Cars.com (2013)
Next Steps: Nissan Pathfinder
- View the best prices for the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
- Search used Nissan Pathfinder for sale (6,600 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings