Nissan Quest Review
The 2014 Nissan Quest ranks 6 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Nissan Quest, as well as reliability and safety data.
Though test drivers say the 2014 Nissan Quest has a comfortable, stylish interior, its competitors offer more cargo space and more standard features.
The 2014 Nissan Quest has a V6 engine that reviewers agree delivers plenty of passing power. A continuously variable transmission (CVT) is standard, and reviewers write that it operates smoothly, but some say that it can be noisy when climbing hills. The Quest gets an EPA-estimated 19/25 mpg city highway, which is good for the class. Test drivers say that the Quest has a comfortable ride. However, they note that the Quest is difficult to steer at low speeds, and that minivans like the Honda Odyssey have sharper handling. Despite these shortcomings, many automotive journalists agree that the Quest has strong brakes, precise steering and a tight turning radius.
Most reviewers write that the 2014 Quest has a first-rate cabin that features high-quality materials and a stylish design, and a few say that it’s nice enough to be an Infiniti interior. Auto critics also note that the Quest has very comfortable first- and second-row seats, and fairly comfortable third-row seats. However, the Quest has less overall cargo space than most minivans. Reviewers write that the Quest’s audio and climate controls are easy to use, but they say the Quest is missing several features that are available on its competitors, such as standard Bluetooth and an optional forward collision warning system. Standard features on the Nissan Quest include push-button start and a stereo with an auxiliary input. Optional features include a USB port, Bluetooth, power sliding doors, a power liftgate, a rear-seat entertainment system, navigation, a blind spot warning system and Nissan's Around View Monitor, which uses multiple cameras to provide a 360-degree view around the Quest.
- "The Quest is good, but not complete. If you need seating for eight or a multi-screen DVD entertainment system, the Quest can't oblige. Also, the Quest is only offered with front-wheel drive, so if you need the added traction of all-wheel drive, Toyota's Sienna is the only game in town." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Nissan Quest is a minivan notable for its upscale cabin and controversial styling. While it can't quite match the interior space offered by some rivals, the Quest is one of the best-handling rides in its segment, and it certainly isn't stuck in the styling doldrums, either." -- Left Lane News
- "A strong engine, inviting interior, and easy controls are what make Quest an appealing minivan. However, fewer comfort and convenience features and less cargo and passenger flexibility than most of its rivals make this Nissan fall a bit short of its class-leading rivals from Chrysler and Honda." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The Quest's design will likely appeal to some, and it will serve the role of people carrier perfectly well. But if hauling cargo is the main mission, other vans perform that task better." -- Popular Mechanics (2011)
Other Minivans to Consider
The Honda Odyssey has a lot more cargo space than the Quest and reviewers say it has very agile handling for a minivan. The Odyssey also gets slightly better fuel economy than the Quest.
The Chrysler Town & Country has more cargo space than the Quest, thanks to second- and third-row seats that stow under the floor. In addition, test drivers say the Town & Country has a smooth, powerful engine and an upscale interior.
Details: 2014 Nissan Quest
The 2014 Nissan Quest seats seven in three rows and has front-wheel drive. A 3.5-liter V6 engine and a CVT are standard. The 2014 Quest comes in four trims: S, SV, SL and LE. The Quest was last redesigned for the 2011 model year and has seen only minor changes since then. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2014 model years.
Next Steps: Nissan Quest
- View the best prices for the 2014 Nissan Quest
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Nissan Quest
- Search used Nissan Quest for sale (2,519 listings)
- See Minivans rankings