Nissan Sentra Review
The 2015 Nissan Sentra ranks 22 out of 27 Affordable Compact Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Nissan Sentra, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Nissan Sentra provides a spacious interior and good fuel efficiency, reviewers say, although they add that it lacks for power and isn't especially fun to drive.
The 2015 Nissan Sentra comes standard with a four-cylinder engine that wants for power and struggles with highway passing, according to test drivers. An automatic transmission (CVT) is available in addition to the standard manual. According to the EPA, the 2015 Nissan Sentra gets 29/39 mpg city/highway with the automatic, which is high compared with the fuel economy of other compact cars. Most test drivers write that the Sentra has a generally comfortable ride, though a few wish for a more forgiving suspension over rough roads. The Nissan Sentra also has a fair amount of body roll through turns and lacks the handling agility that is offered by a number of rivals, according to most critics.
Reviewers praise the 2015 Sentra’s roomy rear seats, although they say the front seats aren't very supportive. Critics enjoy the understated style and high-end materials lining the Sentra’s interior and add that the vehicle provides a spacious trunk for the class. A USB port and Bluetooth are standard. Options include a rearview camera, an eight-speaker Bose audio system, proximity key, navigation and the NissanConnect infotainment system with a 5.8-inch touch screen. Critics report that the infotainment system is easy to operate and that it is easy to pair a phone via Bluetooth.
- "The Nissan Sentra offers compact sedan buyers a well-trimmed interior, generous rear seat and trunk space, and excellent fuel efficiency. A slightly anemic engine and mellow chassis tuning mean that the Sentra is hardly the quickest or most exciting of its competitive set, but for those simply seeking comfortable and economical transportation, it fits the bill quite nicely." -- Left Lane News
- "If you're looking for a turbocharged engine, aggressive handling or a manual transmission on more than just the base car, you'll need to look to the Dodge Dart, Mazda3 or Ford Focus. Hyundai's Elantra is also a premium player in the bang-for-the-buck game." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2015 Nissan Sentra places small-car value into a roomy and efficient package that borders on midsize sedan comfort and style." -- AutoTrader
- "Adequate, then, is the right word for this car. It gets you from point to point and does so pretty efficiently. It's not exciting to look at or to drive, but it's not trying to be. It's easy to drive and live with, and if you're looking for a good commuter car, you're in the right place." -- Motor Trend (2013)
Nissan Sentra Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Mazda3 is one of the most fun-to-drive cars in the segment, according to reviewers. They rave about its nimble handling and ample engine power, as well as its upscale cabin materials, and it gets good fuel economy for the class.
Like the Sentra, the Chevrolet Cruze has a spacious trunk and earns praise for its roomy back seat. Reviewers like its balanced ride and handling, and with its available diesel engine, the Cruze has ample power and gets great fuel economy.
Details: 2015 Nissan Sentra
The 2015 Nissan Sentra seats five and has front-wheel drive. A 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission are standard. A continuously variable transmission is optional. There are five trim levels: S, the fuel economy-oriented FE+S, SV, SR and SL. The Sentra has received few substantial changes since its last redesign for the 2013 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Nissan Sentra
- View the best prices for the 2015 Nissan Sentra
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Nissan Sentra
- Search used Nissan Sentra for sale (12,213 listings)
- See Affordable Compact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals