Nissan Titan Review
The 2015 Nissan Titan ranks 6 out of 6 Full Size Pickup Trucks. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Nissan Titan, as well as reliability and safety data.
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Nissan Titan is outdated and outclassed by its rivals in terms of cabin quality, comfort and performance.
The 2015 Titan comes standard with a V8 engine, and test drivers say that the Titan has ample power and accelerates briskly. However, unlike rivals, there are no other engine choices. A five-speed automatic transmission is standard, and most rivals' transmissions have at least six gears, which critics point out gives them an edge over the Titan in terms of fuel economy and performance. Fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 13/18 mpg city/highway, which is poor for the class. A number of reviewers agree that the 2015 Titan is fairly nimble for a pickup truck and has responsive steering. Still, many comment that rivals ride more comfortably.
The 2015 Nissan Titan's cabin has an outdated design and is constructed with low-rent materials, according to critics. They note that Titans with the optional captain's chairs offer greater front-seat comfort than the standard bench seat. King cab models have limited rear-seat legroom, reviewers say, and while Crew cab models are more spacious, some critics still find the rear seat uncomfortable. There are few notable standard features, but optional features include a rearview camera, smartphone integration, a 10-speaker Rockford Fosgate audio system, Bluetooth, a USB port and navigation with a 5.8-inch touch screen. Auto journalists say that the navigation system works OK, but they think that the screen is small compared to the screens in most rivals.
- "Although the 2015 Nissan Titan will likely meet your basic requirements for a full-size truck, it lags behind newer rivals in key areas, including fuel economy, interior quality and equipment availability." -- Edmunds
- "First introduced way back in 2004, the Nissan Titan full-size pickup is definitely beginning to show its age but still offers plenty of power and capability. One weakness is a lack of options compared to the domestic competition- the Titan has a single powertrain and no heavy-duty model." -- Left Lane News
- "Designed to do battle with the Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra and Ford F-150, as well as the RAM 1500 and Toyota Tundra, the Titan has fallen behind these brands in its engine options, technology and styling. But the Titan can still deliver in the core of what full-size truck buyers need and want: horsepower, towing and versatility." -- AutoTrader
Nissan Titan Pictures & Videos
Other Trucks to Consider
Unlike the Titan, the Ram 1500 is available with a range of available engines, including a diesel engine that helps it return excellent fuel economy for the class. Test drivers like the Ram 1500's luxurious interior and serene ride, especially with its available adjustable air suspension.
The redesigned Ford F-150 earns reviewer praise for its ample passenger space and poised handling. It is available with one of two turbocharged V6 engines, and test drivers agree that both deliver ample power, and with either engine, the F-150 gets better fuel economy than the Titan.
Details: 2015 Nissan Titan
The 2015 Nissan Titan is offered in King (extended) and Crew cab configurations, which both seat up to six people. Rear-wheel drive is standard and four-wheel drive is optional. Power comes from a 5.6-liter V8 engine which is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission. The Titan comes in four trims: S, SV, SL (Crew cab only) and off-road-oriented Pro-4X. The Titan was introduced for the 2004 model year and has been largely unchanged since. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2015 and prior model years.
Next Steps: Nissan Titan
- View the best prices for the 2015 Nissan Titan
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Nissan Titan
- Search used Nissan Titan for sale (3,004 listings)
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals