2009 Nissan Titan Review
The 2009 Nissan Titan is a competent truck, but many reviewers say there are better alternatives available.
The 2009 Nissan Titan is a contender in the full-size truck market, thanks to a high level of practicality and strong powertrain. A few reviewers even go so far as to call it a threat to the American-made trucks that lead the class. MarketWatch calls the Titan "a very serious challenge in a part of the market that the U.S. has had to itself since Davy Crockett wondered if there might be a better way to travel to the Alamo."
However, after more than three years on the market, the Titan still hasn't pulled in a lot of American buyers. Nissan has gotten the message: the 2011 Titan will be based on the current generation Dodge Ram, a truck platform that many reviewers say is the best around. The change comes as the Titan struggles to find its place in the market. Competing in a rapidly contracting segment, many still report the current Titan does not have the right ingredients to sway truck drivers that are loyal to American brands. If you're shopping for a full-size pickup, the Chevy Silverado, Dodge Ram and Ford F-150 offer plenty of hauling and passing power, plus refined interiors.
- "Titan's appeal is narrower than that of its large-pickup competition, " -- Consumer Guide
- "Now in its sixth year of production, though, the 2009 Nissan Titan is starting to look like an elderly gentlemen among spry young dudes -- by the end of 2009, all its competitors will have undergone a major overhaul." -- Edmunds
- "Although the Titan is available only as a half-ton model, its powerful engine, numerous configurations and lengthy list of clever features should appeal to most light-duty pickup owners." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "A V-6 and single cab version are still MIA, which means the cheapest trim level costs some $8,000 more than a base Chevy Silverado or Ford F-150. Throw in a spotty reliability record, and the Titan doesn't seem headed for widespread appeal anytime soon." -- Cars.com
Next Steps: Nissan Titan
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Nissan Titan for sale (2,340 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Nissan Titan
- View Nissan Titan Photos
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings