2009 Nissan Titan Interior
This interior review was written when the 2009 Nissan Titan was new.
While the 2009 Nissan Titan is an able performer, most reviewers say it lags competitors when it comes to its interior.
- "Titan's cabin is let down by an overuse of hard plastic materials and mediocre assembly quality. The glovebox lid has a flimsy, insubstantial feel." -- Consumer Guide
- "The comfortable interior is rather plasticky looking but has a businesslike design, high seating, large door handles and lots of cupholders and storage areas."-- MSN
- "Has an Avis-rental mood about it," --Car and Driver
Writers were generally comfortable sitting in the 2009 Titan's cabin, at least in the front seats.
- "Seating is offered in bench or Captain's Chair style buckets and offers good support and long term comfort. Drivers over six feet, however, may find themselves staring out through the windshield's tint band. Some drivers also felt the seat bottoms could do with a sharper upward angle to better support their thighs." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Some testers judge the bench seat too flat and firm for best comfort, and its center position is inhospitable." -- Consumer Guide
- "It sure takes a big step to get up into the thing." The Auto Channel
The Titan's interior features clear gages and a few nice gadgets. The base XE trim has air conditioning, cruise control with buttons on a tilt steering column, but buyers will have to upgrade to the SE or higher for power door locks and windows, remote keyless entry and courtesy lights.
- "You'll find the Titan's instrumentation to be clear, legible and easy to view, but the placement of the power window buttons atop the door's edge makes them vulnerable to outside elements when the windows are down" -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The cabin in my test truck had a lot of typical big-pickup fixtures - hefty door handles, a big armrest and no shortage of overhead storage bins." -- Cars.com
Stereo and Entertainment
The Titan's base audio system is an AM/FM CD player, but the higher trims receive a six-disc in-dash CD player with MP3 playback capability, an auxiliary audio input and a radio data system. The most often mentioned system is the LE's Rockford Fosgate-powered audio system, which is an optional indulgence for the SE and PRO-4X trims.
- "Even though it's pricey, sound quality was outstanding at every level and with all types of programming." --PickupTruck.com
Reviewers find that the 2009 Titan's interior is fully functional for carrying smaller items.
- "Inside the cab there are plenty of storage options that are easily within reach and deep enough to hold most common items used by drivers, such as CDs and cell phones."-- PickupTruck.com
- "Nissan deliberately designed the cab so the floor would be flat, with minimal intrusion from the rear bulkhead. When the rear seats are not in use, they fold up against the bulkhead, providing a generous and unobstructed interior cargo area."-- Car and Driver