2008 Porsche 911 Carrera Review
The 911 Carrera is praised for its quick and powerful performance, as well as good daily driving comfort. Still, it's criticized for its drab-for-the-price interior.
The iconic Porsche 911 Carrera is well-suited for road-ripping sports performance, as well as running errands. "The Porsche 911 is an automotive icon and it's one of our top choices for enthusiasts who want a sports car for daily driving," says New Car Test Drive. "The 911 combines driving excitement with everyday comfort." While less expensive sports cars can easily compete with the 911 on the track, few inspire as much confidence on the road. Adding icing to the cake is the sports car's instantly recognizable profile.
This review covers the following trims: base, S, 4, 4S, Targa 4, and Targa 4S. Porsche also offers convertible body styles and these even greater performance-oriented trims: 911 Turbo, GT2 and GT3.
- "The latest generation of the venerable Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe keeps its timeless good looks and engaging performance, in a wide variety of models for well-heeled enthusiasts." -- Forbes
- "I just feel more comfortable at speed in the Porsche, which is why the argument for the less expensive Corvette or for that matter the Shelby GT500 doesn't hold water." -- Automobile.com.
Next Steps: Porsche 911 Carrera
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Porsche 911 Carrera for sale (1,745 listings)
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See Super Luxury Sports Cars rankings