2012 Porsche 911 Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLINGRecall Date: 02/22/2013
- Consequence: If the exhaust tail pipe separates from the muffler it may become a hazard for other vehicles on the road, increasing the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V058000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 2,263
- Summary: Porsche is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 911 Carrera and Carrera 4 vehicles manufactured from March 7, 2012, through November 12, 2012, and equipped with a standard (not sport) exhaust system. The exhaust tail pipe may fracture and separate from the rear muffler.
- Remedy: Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear mufflers free of charge. An interim notice was mailed to owners on May 9, 2013. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Porsche at 1-800-767-7243.
- Notes: Porsche's safety recall number is AD01. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SEAT BELTSRecall Date: 08/03/2011
- Consequence: SHOULD THIS OCCUR, THE SEAT BELT MAY NOT BE ROUTED OPTIMALLY AROUND THE OCCUPANT, OR MAY POTENTIALLY LOOSEN AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY DURING A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V409000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 235
- Summary: PORSCHE IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 911 SPEEDSTER AND 911 GTS RS 4.0; AND MODEL YEAR 2012 BOXSTER (INCLUDING S AND SPYDER); CAYMEN (INCLUDING S AND R); 911 CARRERA (INCLUDING S, GTS, 4, 4S, AND 4 GTS); 911 TARGA 4 AND TARGA 4S; AND 911 TURBO AND TURBO S MANUFACTURED FROM MAY 31, 2001, THROUGH JUNE 10, 2011. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THE MOUNTING HOLES IN THE SEAT BELT ANCHOR PLATES FITTED TO THE VEHICLE ARE TOO SMALL. IF THE HOLE DIAMETER IS TOO SMALL, THE ANCHOR PLATE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ROTATE ABOUT THE FASTENING BOLT AS DESIGNED. SHOULD THIS OCCUR, THE SEAT BELT MAY NOT BE ROUTED OPTIMALLY AROUND THE OCCUPANT, OR MAY POTENTIALLY LOOSEN AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY DURING A CRASH.
- Remedy: PORSCHE WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE ANCHOR PLATE AND IT FASTENING SCREW AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE SEAT BELT. THE REPAIRS WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE.
- Notes: PORSCHE'S SAFETY RECALL NUMBER IS AB02. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2012 Porsche 911