Porsche Boxster Review
The 2015 Porsche Boxster ranks 1 out of 16 Luxury Sports Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Porsche Boxster, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Porsche Boxster impresses auto writers with athletic handling and quick acceleration matched with a handsome interior.
The Porsche Boxster base, S and GTS models all have six-cylinder engines. Reviewers think each has ample power, and say that acceleration is particularly impressive in S and GTS trims. A six-speed manual transmission is standard, and critics think it is very satisfying to operate. A seven-speed automated manual is available, and test drivers praise its well-timed shifts. The base 2015 Boxster gets an EPA-estimated 20/30 mpg city/highway, which is good for the class. Auto journalists agree that the Boxster has outstanding handling, with strong road grip and minimal body lean. They add that steering is very responsive and precise and that the brakes are strong.
The automotive press reports that the 2015 Porsche Boxster's interior is stylish and made of top-notch materials. Reviewers say the seats are supportive and that it's easy to find a good driving position. They note the Boxster has decent overall cargo space in its front and rear trunks, but that neither is large enough to hold bigger items like a suitcase or golf bag. The 2015 Boxster comes standard with Bluetooth, an auxiliary input and an infotainment system with a 7-inch touch-screen display. Available features include dual-zone automatic climate control, a 10-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, leather upholstery, HD Radio, adaptive cruise control, satellite radio and navigation. Auto writers think the infotainment system is simple to use, and they like that the car doesn't have to be stopped to open or close the power-folding convertible top.
- "Stylish, luxurious and thrilling to drive, the 2015 Porsche Boxster comes up aces. It's even something of a bargain for what you get." -- Edmunds
- "Recently redesigned from A to Z, the latest iteration is the most powerful, luxurious and fuel efficient Boxster ever, but it stays true to the time-honored formula that made its forbears special." -- Left Lane News (2014)
- "If you're just as enthusiastic about the act of driving a performance roadster as you are about the appeal of driving one, the Porsche Boxster will deliver on both desires." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "A five-hour drive through the mountains and villages outside of Nice proves that Porsche continues to be a master in the subtle art of refinement." -- Autoblog (2013)
Other Cars to Consider
The Chevrolet Corvette has significantly more horsepower than the Boxster and has a faster 0 to 60 time. Test drivers love the Corvette's exhilarating acceleration and nimble handling. It has a huge trunk for a luxury sports car, and unlike the Boxster, comes standard with features like such as satellite radio and a rearview camera.
The Jaguar F-Type has tremendous power and acceleration, according to critics. They are also impressed with the F-Type's nimble handling and ample cornering grip.
Details: 2015 Porsche Boxster
The 2015 Porsche Boxster is a two-seat convertible that has rear-wheel drive and comes in three models. The base Boxster has a 2.7-liter six-cylinder engine, and the S and GTS models have a 3.4-liter six-cylinder engine. A six-speed manual transmission is standard and a seven-speed automated manual is available. Besides the addition of the new GTS trim, the Porsche Boxster has seen few major changes since its last redesign for the 2013 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Porsche Boxster
- View the best prices for the 2015 Porsche Boxster
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Porsche Boxster
- Search used Porsche Boxster for sale (1,170 listings)
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings