2009 Porsche Boxster Review
The Porsche Boxster offers the best of both worlds: sporty yet comfortable and practical yet luxurious. With characteristics like that, it's no surprise that reviewers have an affinity for it.
The 2009 Porsche Boxster, the chop-top sibling of the impressive Cayman, is praised by critics for its hardcore sports-car handling, handsome drop-top design, luxurious cabin, and commuter-friendly road composure. "Throw in its impressive cargo space, better than average reliability and extremely strong resale value, and a Boxster S is a pretty sound purchase," adds Automobile.com. And though the Boxster is not free of faults, most auto writers find them insignificant.
Before you buy a Boxster, be sure to test-drive a Chevy Corvette first. While not as luxurious as the Boxster, its performance abilities are just as impressive -- if not better. For those on a budget, the Mazda MX-5 Miata is also a great sports roadster, and it's available with a retractable hardtop.
The Porsche Boxster is available in two trims, the base-level Boxster and Boxster S.
- "It's impossible for any sun lover to drive the Porsche Boxster without a smile extended ear to ear. ... Top-down driving works because it becomes an event, a kind of short vacation with a luxury factor of ten on a ten-point scale." -- Road & Travel Magazine
- "At this Porsche's lofty price point, there are always substitutes. Still, even in its jaw-dropping 10th year of production, the Boxster S remains one of the purest and most satisfying sports cars on the planet, and PDK's impeccable performance may well seal the deal for those who aren't sold on shifting for themselves." -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Porsche Boxster
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Porsche Boxster for sale (811 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Porsche Boxster
- View Porsche Boxster Photos
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings