Porsche Cayenne Hybrid Interior
Reviewers say the Cayenne Hybrid’s interior is upscale and luxurious, with excellent materials and quality. One auto critic notes that the high number of buttons and controls on the dashboard detracts from the interior design.
- "The cabin's sumptuous, finely stitched leather and overlays of wood and metal bear a passing resemblance to the up-market Porsche Panamera." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Like other Porsches, the Cayenne features fine interior materials put together with excellent craftsmanship." -- Edmunds
- "Everything about the interior, not to mention the exquisite fit and finish, tells the owner that no sacrifice has been made in moving to Porsche's SUV." -- MarketWatch (2012)
- "The only thing that mars the interior is the fact that there are simply too many buttons and switches. I counted: there are 24 buttons and 5 toggle switches on the center console, 15 buttons on the stereo, and 11 on the overhead console." -- Automobile Magazine (2012)
The Porsche Cayenne Hybrid seats up to five, and comes with eight-way power adjustable front seats and leather upholstery. Fourteen-way power-adjustable front seats, heated front and rear seats, as well as ventilated front seats are optional. Reviewers agree that the Cayenne Hybrid’s front and rear seats are plush, spacious and comfortable. One test driver dislikes the front seats and says there needs to be more padding. Another critic says it’s easy to find a good driving position because of the customizable driver’s seat. One test driver finds that rear visibility is compromised by thick pillars.
- "There was ample room for two adults in the rear seats, but no third row is offered." -- MarketWatch (2012)
- "Headroom and legroom are generous. A wide range of seat travel in most all directions means drivers of most any size will find a comfortable position. … Visibility is good, but thick roof pillars partially obstruct the view to the rear corners." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
- "First, though multi-adjustable, heated, and cooled, the Porsche seats are a little on the firm side for a long day at the wheel. … We'd like a little more seat padding, please." -- Motor Trend (2011)
Standard features on the 2013 Cayenne Hybrid include Bluetooth phone connectivity, an auxiliary input and 10-speaker audio system with a 7-inch touch screen. Optional equipment includes push-button start, parking sensors, a backup camera, lane change assist, satellite radio, an upgraded Bose sound system and a rear-seat entertainment system.
Instead of many luxury automakers, whose touch-screen infotainment system absorbs most controls, the Cayenne Hybrid opts for separate audio and climate functions. Critics have mixed feelings about this set up. Some reviewers like separate buttons instead of a single knob or touch-screen interface controlling most functions, but they say that it may take time to learn and locate all of the controls.
- "With so many buttons, it can be difficult to quickly find what you're looking for, but you might argue that this Porsche system is more efficient than the menu-driven systems found in its competitors." -- Edmunds
- "… the Cayenne's cockpit is filled with enough buttons, knobs and other controls to make a fighter pilot feel right at home. And while that might sound overwhelming at first, operating conventional interior controls is far less distracting than sifting through a series of complicated on-screen menus." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Inside, the Cayenne had 14-way heated and cooled power seats with memory in front, soft leather, a wonderful Bose audio package, plus lots of buttons and switches. … Yet after a couple of days things fell readily to hand, and I must admit in the end I preferred all those levers and buttons to trying to figure out options and systems on a navi screen." -- MarketWatch (2012)
The 2013 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid has 59.7 cubic feet of total cargo space with the rear seats folded. Reviewers say the Cayenne’s cargo space trails the rest of the class. The Cayenne features a standard power liftgate. Test drivers don’t comment on the liftgate’s operation, the ease of loading cargo or the amount of small-item cabin storage.
- "The Cayenne has a maximum luggage capacity of 62.9 cubic feet (a figure reduced to 59.7 and 60.2, respectively for the Hybrid and Turbo models). This is on the small side for the Cayenne's class." -- Edmunds
- "One downside is the just under 60 cubic feet of storage with the rear seats down, a bit below the competition." -- MarketWatch (2012)
- "The cargo area offers class-competitive space, with rear seat backs that fold flat. … Interior storage consists of an average-size glovebox, center console, and door pockets." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
Next Steps: Porsche Cayenne Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2013 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2013 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid
- Search used Porsche Cayenne Hybrid for sale (969 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings