Porsche Cayenne Hybrid Interior
Automotive journalists say the 2015 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid's cabin is well-built and includes first-rate materials, including wood and metal accents. Reviewers say the 2015 Cayenne Hybrid's front seats are exceptionally comfortable. The back seats are roomy, and the ability to slide and recline adds versatility, auto writers say. Most critics think the 2015 Cayenne Hybrid's touch-screen infotainment system is user-friendly and responsive. Test drivers say that there are lots of buttons on the Cayenne Hybrid's dashboard, but they're easy to get used to. The Cayenne Hybrid has less cargo room than the most SUVs in the class.
- "As expected at this price, the Cayenne utilizes top-shelf interior materials, and its various doors, levers and mechanisms give the impression of superior build quality." -- Edmunds
- "With a posh interior inspired by the Panamera sedan, the Cayenne sports a long, sloping center console and a plethora of buttons and switches thanks to the lack of an iDrive-style control system." -- Left Lane News
- "Inside the 2014 Porsche Cayenne are sumptuous, finely stitched leather and overlays of wood and metal. The look strongly recalls the up-market Porsche Panamera sedan." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The cabin felt like a design cocoon of fine materials, leather, metals and woods." -- Forbes (2012)
The 2015 Cayenne Hybrid comes standard with leather upholstery and eight-way power-adjustable front seats. Front seats with greater side support and heated and ventilated front seats are available. Test drivers report that the front seats are very pleasant, and upgraded seats are even more so. Reviewers say drivers can easily get into a comfortable position, thanks in part to the standard tilt and telescoping steering wheel. They report that the second row is roomy and like that it reclines and slides. A few critics say forward visibility is good, but large roof pillars limit visibility in the back corners.
- "Even the standard eight-way power seats are superbly comfortable, but the 18-way adaptive sport seats are sublime and well worth the extra expense. The sculpted rear seats not only recline, but also slide fore and aft, and they gain cool sport bolsters in Turbo trim." -- Edmunds
- "There was ample room for two adults in the rear seats, but no third row is offered." -- MarketWatch (2012)
- "Our favorite upgrade, though, is the new seating, with excellent bolstering and support." -- Automobile Magazine (2011)
- "Headroom and legroom are generous. A wide range of seat travel in most all directions means drivers of most any size will find a comfortable position. A tilt and telescopic steering wheel is standard; power operation is offered, but we wish it were standard as well. Entry and exit can be tricky as you have to climb over the prominent lower-seat bolsters. Visibility is good, but thick roof pillars partially obstruct the view to the rear corners." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
Standard features in the 2015 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid include a Bluetooth, navigation, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera and the Porsche Communication Management infotainment system. Optional features include adaptive cruise control, a rear-seat entertainment system, wireless Internet access, satellite radio, a Burmester or Bose surround-sound audio system, soft-close doors, lane departure warning and lane change assist.
Reviewers say the 2015 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid's touch-screen infotainment system is responsive and has user-friendly menus. Still, a few critics mention that some competitors have larger touch screens. Test drivers agree that the Cayenne Hybrid's dashboard and center console has many buttons, but they're easy to get accustomed to and less complicated than touch-screen menu controls.
- "PCM groups the car's audio, navigation (if equipped) and communication functions into a single easy-to-use interface that packs a 40 GB hard drive, a USB port and Bluetooth connectivity." -- Left Lane News
- "The Cayenne's interior shows its age a bit in the standard touchscreen's 7-inch diagonal, a modest measurement compared to the eye-popping widescreen systems found in some rivals (the X5, for example). The menu structure is straightforward, though, and the system is quick to process inputs. The center console can seem overwhelming at first with its 50-plus buttons, but the more time you spend in the driver seat, the more you'll appreciate the layout's logic." -- Edmunds
- "Like all of Porsche's current offerings, the Cayenne's cockpit is filled with buttons, knobs and switches, and while that might sound complex, most of us still find operating conventional controls far less distracting than sifting through multiple on-screen menus." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Yet after a couple of days things fell readily to hand, and I must admit in the end I preferred all those levers and buttons to trying to figure out options and systems on a navi screen." -- MarketWatch (2012)
The 2015 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid has 20.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 59.7 cubic feet of cargo space with them folded. That's less cargo room than nearly every rival offers, and less space than in the gas-only Cayenne. Still, some test drivers like that the Cayenne Hybrid's lower cargo liftover height makes it easier to load items. A few critics say there are limited interior storage spaces.
- "On the bright side, the air suspension comes with a retractable load sill that lowers the cargo-area liftover height by a couple inches." -- Edmunds
- "Buyers who prioritize space should be warned the hybrid drivetrain reduces cargo capacity to 20.5 cubic feet with five occupants on board and 59.7 cubic feet with the rear seats folded flat." -- Left Lane News
- "One downside is the just under 60 cubic feet of storage with the rear seats down, a bit below the competition." -- MarketWatch (2012)
- "Under-floor storage ranges from minuscule in conventional models, to non-existent in the Hybrid. Interior storage consists of an average-size glovebox, center console, and door pockets." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
Next Steps: Porsche Cayenne Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2015 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid
- Search used Porsche Cayenne Hybrid for sale (1,908 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings