Porsche Cayenne Interior
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Porsche Cayenne's cabin has a handsome design and is built with top-end materials including rich leather, metal and wood. Many reviewers note that the Cayenne's center stack and dashboard feature lots of buttons, and while they can seem overwhelming at first, the buttons are logically arranged and make it easy to control the Cayenne's features. Reviewers say that the Cayenne has a spacious cabin and very comfortable front seats. However, its overall cargo space is a bit low for the class.
- "As expected at this price, the Cayenne utilizes top-shelf interior materials, and its various doors, levers and mechanisms give the impression of superior build quality. You can keep adding leather trim until the cows come home, or perhaps until there aren't any cows left, and other trim options include carbon fiber and faux suede." -- Edmunds
- "With a posh interior inspired by the Panamera sedan, the Cayenne sports a long, sloping center console and a plethora of buttons and switches thanks to the lack of an iDrive-style control system." -- Left Lane News (2014)
- "Inside the 2014 Porsche Cayenne are sumptuous, finely stitched leather and overlays of wood and metal." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "I love the interior in the Cayenne. It's modern, sophisticated with an expensive feel, but more than anything, it's different. The sloping center console and compass on top of the dash, along with the vertical air vents make for a uniquely Porsche look." -- Jalopnik (2013)
Porsche Cayenne Pictures
The Porsche Cayenne seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery and eight-way power-adjustable front seats. Heated front and rear seats, ventilated front and rear seats, 18-way power-adjustable adaptive sport seats and upgraded leather upholstery are available. Reviewers write that the 2015 Cayenne's standard seats offer ample comfort and comment that the optional sport seats are even more comfortable. Test drivers note that outward visibility is good in all directions, and say that overall, the Cayenne is spacious for five people.
- "Even the standard eight-way power seats are superbly comfortable, but the 18-way adaptive sport seats are sublime and well worth the extra expense. The sculpted rear seats not only recline, but also slide fore and aft, and they gain cool sport bolsters in Turbo trim." -- Edmunds
- "Meanwhile, it comfortably accommodates up to five passengers and lots of gear." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The forward sightlines, enhanced by slender A-pillars, may be best in class, and vision in all quarters is excellent." -- Car and Driver (2011)
Standard features in the 2015 Cayenne include a USB port, HD Radio, dual-zone automatic climate control, a 10-speaker audio system with a 7-inch touch screen, navigation and Bluetooth. Available features include a Bose or Burmester audio system, a rear-seat entertainment system, front and rear parking sensors, a bird's-eye camera system to help with parking maneuvers, adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning.
Test drivers note that although the Porsche Cayenne's center stack has a lot of buttons on it, they're logically arranged and easy to figure out. On the other hand, a few critics comment that the Cayenne's touch screen is a bit small by the standards of the class, though they say its menus are intuitive.
- "The Cayenne's interior shows its age a bit in the standard touchscreen's 7-inch diagonal, a modest measurement compared to the eye-popping widescreen systems found in some rivals (the X5, for example). The menu structure is straightforward, though, and the system is quick to process inputs. The center console can seem overwhelming at first with its 50-plus buttons, but the more time you spend in the driver seat, the more you'll appreciate the layout's logic." -- Edmunds
- "Like all of Porsche's current offerings, the Cayenne's cockpit is filled with buttons, knobs and switches, and while that might sound complex, most of us still find operating conventional controls far less distracting than sifting through multiple on-screen menus." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The interior can be a little intimidating. There are a lot of buttons and switches. But really, most of them make sense. All the stuff that's to the left of the gear shift is for driver climate controls, the right is for the passenger. Other than that it has normal radio controls and section for drive modes, which is also pretty self-explanatory." -- AutoWeek (2014)
The 2015 Cayenne comes standard with a power liftgate and offers up to 23.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and up to 62.9 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. The Cayenne's overall cargo space is a bit low for the class. Test drivers note that there isn't much storage space under the load floor and that the sizes of the storage areas in the cabin are typical for the class.
- "Under-floor storage ranges from minuscule in conventional models, to non-existent in the Hybrid. Interior storage consists of an average-size glovebox, center console, and door pockets." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
Next Steps: Porsche Cayenne
- View the best prices for the 2015 Porsche Cayenne
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Porsche Cayenne
- Search used Porsche Cayenne for sale (1,908 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals