Porsche Cayman Interior
Reviewers report that the 2015 Porsche Cayman has top-notch cabin materials, a sophisticated design and plenty of premium details, including customizable color schemes and leather trim on the dashboard. Test drivers also say the Cayman has user-friendly controls, as well as roomy, supportive seats and enough cargo space for a weekend trip.
- "The mid-engine 2015 Porsche Cayman coupe's cabin is sleek and upscale." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Cayman's snug interior has always been a defining trait. The sleek, high-mounted center console is a prominent design feature. Throw in top-grade materials, high-tech displays and some striking color combinations (including the optional Amber Orange leather upholstery), and you've got a genuinely premium product." -- Edmunds
- "Detailing is upscale throughout, especially with the optional all-leather trim that covers the entire dash." -- MSN Autos (2014)
The 2015 Porsche Cayman seats two and comes standard with partial leather upholstery and power-reclining sport seats. Available features include full leather upholstery, 14- or 18-way power-adjustable seats, heated and ventilated seats, a heated steering wheel and upgraded sport seats with more side bolstering. The Cayman’s seats are comfortable and provide generous head- and legroom for the class, according to critics. They add that the seats have side bolsters that hold you firmly in place during cornering without pressing too tightly on your sides.
- "Gone is the claustrophobic feel of past Porsche cabin designs, replaced instead with ample headroom and a surprising amount of legroom for a segment not known for it." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Snug sport seats keep the passengers in step with the fast-dancing chassis." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "The driving position is spot-on, the seats are comfy and they manage to provide lateral support without resorting to rib-crushing confinement." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "The Cayman cockpit has the cozy feeling of a sports car, but also holds adequate room for all but pro basketball players." -- MSN Autos (2014)
Standard features in the 2015 Porsche Cayman include a four-speaker audio system with a 7-inch touch screen, Bluetooth and an auxiliary audio input. Optional features include a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, dual-zone automatic climate control, navigation, a nine-speaker audio system, a 10-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, a 12-speaker Burmester surround-sound audio system, a USB port and satellite radio.
Auto journalists appreciate that most controls in the Porsche Cayman are operated with real knobs and buttons rather than through a more complicated touch-screen computer system. Some reviewers are unimpressed with the base audio system's sound quality.
- "… minor gripes include a lackluster base audio system and a lack of interior storage space." -- Edmunds
- "In true Porsche tradition, the sophisticated cockpit-style layout features a driver-focused dashboard and a myriad of easily accessible controls." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The instrument cluster, dash front and center console are busy with details both for styling and because Porsche thankfully gives quick access to many features with buttons and knobs instead of electronic interfaces." -- MSN Autos (2014)
Because of its midengine layout, the 2015 Porsche Cayman has two trunks. The rear trunk has 9.7 cubic feet of cargo space, and the front trunk has 5.3 cubic feet. The Cayman's total trunk space is good for the class, and auto writers note that you should have enough space for a weekend’s worth of luggage. Some test drivers report that cabin storage could be better, noting that there isn't much space for small items and that the cup holders are not very sturdy.
- "Storage space is not a Cayman strong suit, however, as inside there just aren't many places to store your stuff, and the cupholders are flimsy. But on the bright side, its midengine layout allows it to have two trunks. The one in front measures 5.3 cubic feet and is handy for a duffel bag, while the rear hatchback/trunk measures a more useful 9.7 cubes." -- Edmunds
- "One of the best features of the mid-engine layout is having two trunks. The Cayman's rear trunk is accessible under the large rear hatch and is shallow and wide; the front trunk is nearly cubical and deep. There's certainly enough storage for weekending." -- MSN Autos (2014)
Next Steps: Porsche Cayman
- View the best prices for the 2015 Porsche Cayman
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Porsche Cayman
- Search used Porsche Cayman for sale (446 listings)
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings