Porsche Panamera Review
The 2015 Porsche Panamera ranks 2 out of 10 Luxury Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Porsche Panamera, as well as reliability and safety data.
With its athletic handling and powerful engine options, test drivers say the 2015 Porsche Panamera is one of the most engaging luxury sedans you can drive.
Reviewers write that the 2015 Porsche Panamera's base V6 engine delivers plenty of power, though they think higher trims have very appealing upgrades, from the twin-turbocharged V6 in the Panamera S to the potent twin-turbo V8 in the Panamera Turbo S. The base 2015 Panamera gets an EPA-estimated 18/28 city/highway, which is on par for the class. The Panamera is also available in a plug-in hybrid trim, the S E-Hybrid, which gets 50 mpg-equivalent combined city/highway and can travel up to 15 miles on electricity alone. All Panameras have an automatic transmission. Rear-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive is available. Auto writers agree that the Porsche Panamera has sports car-caliber handling, with precise steering and minimal body lean during cornering. They also praise its strong brakes and say that it has a firm, yet comfortable, ride.
The 2015 Porsche Panamera's interior is luxurious and constructed with top-notch materials, test drivers say. Critics note that rearward visibility is poor, but most appreciate the Panamera's ample rear-seat head- and legroom. The Panamera is a hatchback, and it has a lot of cargo space for the class. Standard features include partial leather upholstery, heated front seats, front and rear parking sensors and a touch-screen infotainment system with navigation, USB and auxiliary audio inputs and Bluetooth. Available features include full leather upholstery, ventilated front and rear seats, heated rear seats, a surround-view parking camera system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, a rear-seat entertainment system, satellite radio and a Bose or Burmester audio system. While many luxury cars now use a single knob to control most tech features, the Panamera has numerous buttons instead. Reviewers write that the large number of buttons can seem overwhelming at first, but they note that they're easy to use once you're familiar with them.
- "Entering its sixth year of production, the first-generation Panamera is still at the top of its game, and it shows no signs of slowing down." -- Edmunds
- "Sure, you'll find more room in the back of a Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG and a more reasonable price on a BMW 640i Gran Coupe, but the Panamera's distinctive shape and razor-sharp driving experience are something no competitor can match." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Love it or hate it on the outside, the Panamera is roomy and comfortable on the inside and fast from any way you look at it." -- AutoWeek (2014)
- "… the Panamera is here, faster and more feature packed than ever, its lucrative existence something for which Porsche brass-if not Porsche purists-will be eternally grateful." -- Car and Driver (2014)
Porsche Panamera Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
With nimble handling and standard all-wheel drive, test drivers agree that the Audi A7 is a very athletic car. The A7 also has more cargo space than the Panamera and gets great fuel economy with its available diesel engine.
Auto writers like the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class' powerful base engine and agile handling. Lavish cabin materials and an attractive design further distinguish the CLS-Class, according to reviewers.
Details: 2015 Porsche Panamera
The 2015 Porsche Panamera is a four-seat sedan that comes in standard-wheelbase and long-wheelbase (Executive) body styles. Trims range from the base Panamera, which has a 3.6-liter V6 engine and rear-wheel drive, to the Panamera Turbo S Executive, which has a twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V8 engine and all-wheel drive. Most trims come with a seven-speed automated manual transmission, except for the Panamera S E-Hybrid, which has an eight-speed automatic. The Panamera sees no major changes for the 2015 model year and hasn't been fully redesigned since its debut in the 2010 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Porsche Panamera
- View the best prices for the 2015 Porsche Panamera
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Porsche Panamera
- Search used Porsche Panamera for sale (1,043 listings)
- See Luxury Large Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals