Ram 1500 Interior
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Ram 1500's cabin is constructed with first-class materials, has excellent built quality and rides quietly. They say its Uconnect infotainment system is easy to use and like that there are plenty of physical buttons for controlling most basic functions. The Ram 1500's front seats are supportive and there is ample rear legroom in both the Quad and Crew Cab models.
- "Materials show a high level of quality and panel gaps are notably tight." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It offers an unbeatable ride/handling combination along with a high level of refinement, classy interiors, and some unique features." -- Consumer Guide
- "The Ram 1500's cabin is as good as it gets in the pickup segment. Even the lower trim levels boast an attractive design, with quality materials and intuitive controls that are reasonably easy to reach, while the luxurious Laramie's wood-grain trim and leather upholstery is predictably posh." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "It's exceptionally quiet inside, too, regardless of surface." -- Car and Driver (2013)
Ram 1500 Regular Cab models seat up to three, while Quad and Crew Cabs seat up to six. The base trim comes with vinyl upholstery, while cloth seats, front bucket seats, heated front seats, ventilated front seats, power-adjustable front seats, leather upholstery and a heated steering wheel are available.
According to reviewers, the Ram 1500’s front seats have ample space and support, and outward visibility is good in all directions. The Quad Cab's back seats have plenty of legroom, and the Crew Cab's rear seats offer exceptional legroom, test drivers say.
- "In the Quad Cab version rear-seat legroom is generous, but the Crew Cab models offer even more legroom for stretching out." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The front seats themselves are soft, yet strike an adequate balance between support and comfort. The crew cab's rear seat is very comfortable, offering loads of legroom and an agreeable seatback angle." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Once aboard, Ram's large, firmly padded seats offer good long-haul comfort. Visibility is very good all around." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Ram 1500 comes standard with a USB port, an auxiliary input jack and a six-speaker stereo. Available features include power windows, mirrors and door locks, navigation, satellite radio, a nine-speaker stereo system, a rearview camera and the voice-activated Uconnect infotainment system with either a 5- or 8.4-inch touch screen, which also includes Bluetooth and smartphone app integration.
Test drivers say that the buttons on either available touch screen are large and easy to use, and they appreciate that there are physical buttons for making major audio and climate adjustments. According to reviewers, Uconnect works well, and the voice command system works better than most competitors' systems.
- "Two touchscreen interfaces are available (one 5 inches, the other 8.4 inches) that do a great job of controlling simple and complicated tasks. The touch buttons are large and easy to see at a glance, while physical knobs and buttons provide much appreciated redundant control. Updates to the touchscreen system have made it even easier to use and more visually pleasing than previous models." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Both the small and large display screens are functional and fairly easy to use (although I wouldn't want to mess with it while I was driving), and the USB/SD card connectors are pretty handy." -- Jalopnik (2013)
- "Chrysler's voice-recognition system for phone, audio and navigation is one of the industry's best. Chrysler also provides conventional controls for audio and climate and an 8.4-inch touch screen. The gauges are clear and easy to modify to display the information you prefer." -- Detroit Free Press (2013)
All Ram 1500s are available with a 6-foot-4-inch bed, while Regular Cab models are also available with an 8-foot bed and Crew Cab models are also available with a 5-foot-7-inch bed. Lockable storage compartments built into the bed sidewalls (RamBox) are available with all but the 8-foot bed. Test drivers note that the RamBox compartments are useful for stowing things like tie-downs or hitches, and they can also accommodate grocery bags. Reviewers note that there is a lot of storage space in the cabin as well, with a flat rear floor in Quad Cab models and plenty of areas for smaller items.
- "The Ram provides plenty of standard and optional storage spaces. The quad cab has a clever fold-out flat floor space when you flip up the 60/40 rear seats, while the crew cab features watertight storage compartments under the rear floor as well as shallow bins under the flip-up backseat." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Perhaps one of the neatest features of the Ram are the RamBox storage cubbies, the optional weather-tight bins on either side of the bed just above the wheel wells. They eat into the width of the cargo bed, but they're also perfect for stowing and securing towing hitches, tie-downs, gloves -- even groceries." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "The interior has numerous small storage bins and cubbies. Front-bench-seat models have a fold-away center armrest that houses open cup holders and a covered storage area that's large but fairly shallow." -- Consumer Guide (2013)