Ram 1500 Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:RADIO/TAPE DECK/CD ETC.Recall Date: 07/22/2015
- Summary: Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Ram 1500, 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500, 2015 Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Challenger, 2014-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, and Dodge Durango, and 2013-2015 Dodge Viper vehicles. The affected vehicles are equipped with radios that have software vulnerabilities that can allow third-party access to certain networked vehicle control systems.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1416376
- Consequence: Exploitation of the software vulnerability may result in unauthorized remote modification and control of certain vehicle systems, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify and mail affected owners a USB drive that includes a software update that eliminates the vulnerability, free of charge. Optionally, owners may download the update to their own USB drive from http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/ or take their vehicle to a Chrysler dealer for immediate installation. In an effort to mitigate the effects of this security vulnerability, Chrysler has had the wireless service provider close the open cellular connection to the vehicle that provided unauthorized access to the vehicle network. This measure may not have been implemented on all vehicles and does not address access by other means that will be remedied by the software update. The recall is expected to begin the last week of August 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R40.
- Dates of Manufacture JUN 19, 2012 to JUL 22, 2015
- Manufacturer Recall Number: R40
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V461000
AIR BAGS:SIDE/WINDOWRecall Date: 07/21/2015
- Summary: Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500 trucks manufactured June 20, 2012, to January 26, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the side impact sensor calibrations may be overly sensitive, and as a result, the side air bag inflatable curtains and seat air bags may unexpectedly deploy and the seat belt pre-tensioners may activate.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 667406
- Consequence: Air bags that unexpectedly deploy increase the risk of a crash or injury.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the Occupant Restraint Control module calibration, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R23.
- Dates of Manufacture JUN 19, 2012 to JAN 25, 2015
- Manufacturer Recall Number: R23
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V460000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Ram 1500 comes with a three-year/36,000-mile limited warranty and a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.