2009 Saab 9-3 Wagon
- Used Saab 9-3 Wagon
2009 Saab 9-3 Wagon Review
The Saab 9-3 SportCombi is for drivers who need a wagon but want a sport sedan and don't mind standing out.
Like the rest of the Saab line up the 9-3 SportCombi is "born from jets." In the case of the 9-3 SportCombi, that's a cargo jet. Wagon versitiliy is married to Saab sport sedan performance in a package that most reviewers like. Car and Driver says the 9-3 SportCombi is a "premium wagon version of the mid-size 9-3 sedan ... built for comfort and speed and cargo ... what's not to like?"
The SportCombi has is an all-wheel drive system that improves driver involvement and complements its quirky nature. But the Saab 9-3 SportCombi is pricier than some competitors and doesn't have a reputation for value over time. Its interior materials disappoint, and Saabs future as a subsidiary of General Motors is uncertain -- Saab has declared bankruptcy in its home country and hopes to emerge as a separate company.
If you can deal with the uncertainty about the companies future, you can likely get a great bargain on a Saab right now, but if you want sporty driving and a company that's definitely going to be around to support your purchase, consider the Volkswagen Passat Wagon or the Subaru Outback. If you're determined to keep your automotive money flowing into Sweden, check out the Volvo V50, which offers sporty driver performance that's traditionally been Saab's territory.
The wagon is available in two trims, the 2.0T base trim and the sportier Aero.
- "Though the [Saab] 9-3 is a more conventional car than Saabs past, driving one is still a unique experience that starts the moment you turn the key." -- About.com
- "The 2009 Saab 9-3 is still an able, attractive entry-luxury car, but German and Japanese rivals possess newer designs, superior performance and better build quality." -- Edmunds
- "Wagon, SportCombi....whatever. The most important point is that the 9-3 5-door lives again." -- Road and Track
- "The SportCombi is a nice combination of sportiness and hauling function in a pretty, modern wrapper that offers nearly 60 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seat flopped out of the way." -- Automotive.com
- "I think sport wagons are the coolest kinds of cars on Earth, cars that give virtually nothing away compared with their sport sedan siblings while offering major cargo- and people-moving qwan. Our test vehicle, a SportCombi with the performance Aero package, boldfaces the point." -- LA Times
Next Steps: Saab 9-3 Wagon
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Saab 9-3 Wagon for sale (848 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Saab 9-3-Wagon
- View Saab 9-3 Wagon Photos
- See Wagons rankings