2009 Saab 9-5 Wagon
- Used Saab 9-5 Wagon
2009 Saab 9-5 Wagon Review
The 9-5 SportCombi is powerful, comfortable and practical. Still, it trails behind more luxurious and better handling competitors.
Though other wagons in its class provide better overall refinement, the 2009 Saab 9-5 SportCombi deserves a slot on any wagon shopper's short list for its practical combination of safety, comfort and functionality. What's more, the 9-5's distinctive exterior design breathes life into parking lots full of boring family station wagons.
If you're in the market for a luxury wagon that's a lot more refined, consider the BMW 3-Series or Audi A4 Avant. These wagons are the total package -- leading this class in performance, luxury, and design. What's more, they're less expensive too.
The 9-5 SuperCombi wagon is available in two trims 2.3T and the sportier Aero. The 9-5 is also offered in a sedan body style.
- "The 2009 Saab 9-5 sedan and wagon will still please those who have an affinity for classic Saab styling. But in terms of performance, luxury and overall refinement, the 9-5 is outclassed by newer competitors." -- Edmunds
- "All 9-5s are comfortable and sporty, and the wagons are excellent alternatives to gas-guzzling SUVs. As always, any 9-5 is a good choice for drivers who don't want a cookie-cutter car." -- New Car Test Drive
- "It's also pricey for a 4-cylinder automobile. Still, this is a roomy, solid, good-handling car available with the added utility of a wagon body style." -- Consumer Guide
- "An offbeat alternative to European station wagons like the Audi A6 Avant, BMW 5 Series Wagon, and Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon, though it doesn't share the brand cachet (or sticker prices) of those cars." -- Forbes
- "With 5-door roominess, impressive agility and a 260-horsepower 2.3-liter turbocharged inline-4 that achieves an impressive EPA mileage rating of 28 mpg highway, the 9-5 SportCombi is a pretty well-rounded package." -- Road and Track