2009 Saturn Aura Hybrid Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
The cabin of the 2009 Saturn Aura Hybrid is simple and functional, and makes a good impression. It doesn't equal the near-luxury interiors of the class leaders, but sits solidly in the middle of the midsize pack.
- "There's nothing fancy about the Aura's interior, but it's clean-looking, roomy, and functional." -- BusinessWeek
Seating is a highlight of the Saturn Aura Hybrid. The car offers class-competitive space, and some writers say it feels more spacious than it looks. Seats are firm but comfortable.
- "Long seat tracks cater to even the lankiest riders." -- Consumer Guide
- "It was bigger than I expected -- it had more room in the rear passenger seat, and was more spacious up front too." -- About.com
- "The adjustable front bucket seats provide firm support." -- Newsday
- "I was having a problem with some back pain, but the 3 hour drive from the airport corrected the problem quite nicely." -- The Family Car
Where the Aura Hybrid's interior falls a little short with reviewers is in the quality of its materials. Test drivers say gauges and controls are laid out well, but made of too many hard plastics and budget textiles.
- "GM has done a nice job with the Aura's interior, even though the materials used are inexpensive. The cloth seats and metallic trim in my test were attractive and the dark and light gray color scheme was tasteful and appealing." --
- "Though the Aura is light years better than Saturns of the past with squishy-touch dashboard plastics, the interior panels line up as if assembled by someone who forgot to put on their glasses."--Automobile.com
- "There are precious few frills on the Aura Green Line: a basic, easy-to-use stereo and an off-board navigation service constitute the sum of its gadgetry." -- CNET
The 2009 Aura Hybrid claims only 13.1 cubic feet of trunk space -- one of the smallest trunks in the midsize class -- since its batteries rob space from the trunk. A large pass-through does expand storage space somewhat.
- "The Hybrid's battery eats up some trunk space...Aura's Cabin lacks small-item storage." - Consumer Guide