2008 Saturn Aura Review
This review was written when the 2008 Saturn Aura was new.
The Aura delivers excellent safety features and ratings and a roomy interior, but it can't match the interior material quality of others in its class.
Our analysis shows the 2008 Saturn Aura is a well-rounded car that suffers from a few shortcomings. For example, handling and seat comfort are listed as highlights, but many automotive reviewers say its low-brow cabin materials aren't reflective of the car's moderate pricing. However, the Aura does earn praise for its safety features and crash test results. Reviews also note the Aura is a positive step in Saturn's efforts to become a significant player in the U.S. market for sedans.
The Saturn Aura was an award winning vehicle in its first production year, winning the prestigious 2007 North American Car of the Year award. Changes were minimal for the 2008 model, but now the base engine is a four-cylinder. The 2008 Aura is available in three trims, and also has a hybrid model, the Honda Accord.. If you're in the market for an affordable midsize sedan, also consider the venerable
- "Value is the watchword here, the Aura offering a choice of two big V-6s-one old-think pushrod, one higher-tech overhead cam-and big interior space for less money (and less refinement) than the Accord and Camry." -- Car and Driver
- "Aura is a classy, mid-size family sedan that combines front-wheel-drive dynamics with contemporary styling, a decent interior and very good fuel economy. It is safe and easy to drive." -- New Car Test Drive
- "The Aura is actually what GM has said it would be -- a meaningful competitor to the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, the two standard-setters for midrange sedans for the past decade." -- U.S. News
- "The Aura delivers solid road manners, great looks inside and out and tremendous value." -- Road and Track
- "The car is a good step in the right direction, and, after all, GM won't be rebuilt in a day." -- Motor Trend
- "A roundly agreeable, athletic mid-size sedan." -- Los Angeles Times