Scion FR-S Interior
Most reviewers say the 2015 Scion FR-S isn’t particularly plush inside, noting that it has a simple, driver-oriented design that’s built primarily with plastics. The FR-S pleases test drivers with its supportive front seats, which are comfortable enough for long trips. However, most point out that the FR-S doesn’t offer much space in the trunk or back seat.
- "The cabin of an FR-S isn't exactly luxurious. Scion has made few concessions to style and it's an environment that emphasizes driving, punctuated only by a blend of Toyota and Subaru switchgear and materials." -- Edmunds
- "The FR-S' cabin is a highly commendable driver's domain that's all about athletic ergonomics. It's plain and simple, with black plastic trim and leather and a few red inserts on nearly all surfaces." -- Motor Trend (2013)
- "The cabin of the FR-S isn't opulent, but it is a comfortable fit." -- Autoblog (2013)
Scion FR-S Pictures
The four-seat Scion FR-S pleases critics with its supportive front seats, which some reviewers say are comfortable enough for longer drives. They note that it’s easy to find a comfortable seating position, and that forward visibility is excellent from the driver’s seat. However, most agree that space is extremely limited in the back seat.
- "The FR-S's front seats offer firm support for hard driving, but remain comfortable over long-distance travel as well. Drivers of just about any size can find a suitable driving position, and the low-profile hood allows an expansive view of the road ahead." -- Edmunds
- "To Toyota's credit, the rear seat back folds flat to increase utility, but the space provided for humans is marginal at best." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Slide behind the wheel of the first-ever rear-wheel-drive Scion and settle into the Recaro-style seats. Severely sculpted, with black fabric, red stitching, and prominent bolsters, they immediately telegraph the performance intentions of this 2+2-seat coupe." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "The Recaro lookalike bucket seats are mounted low, and they offer plenty of torso-friendly bolstering and support. The cloth seats are manually adjustable for height, seatback rake and distance from the wheel, so we didn't have any problem getting comfortable." -- Autoblog (2013)
A USB port, Bluetooth and an eight-speaker Pioneer audio system with a 6.1-inch touch-screen display come standard in the 2015 Scion FR-S. A voice-activated BeSpoke audio system with navigation and smartphone app integration is available as a dealer-installed option.
Some reviewers prefer the additional features that the available BeSpoke audio system provides, while others appreciate the instrument cluster’s clear, legible gauges.
- "There is a standard touchscreen-based audio system, but we recommend opting for the upgraded BeSpoke system as it includes navigation and smartphone app integration." -- Edmunds
- "A white-faced analog tachometer, with a 7,500 rpm redline, takes center stage in the primary instrument cluster. There is a 160-mph analog speedometer to its left and a coolant temperature and fuel level gauge to the right. All are easy to read." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2015 FR-S has 6.9 cubic feet of trunk space, which is slightly more than the Mazda MX-5 Miata offers, but still not a lot of space for the class. Although the FR-S’ trunk is small, some reviewers note that folding the rear seat down provides enough space for two sets of golf clubs.
- "Trunk space is also small at 6.9 cubic feet, although folding down that mostly useless backseat expands cargo-carrying abilities considerably." -- Edmunds
- "And with the admittedly marginal rear seats folded, you have enough trunk and stowage area for the set of racing rubber you want to use on track days." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- “With the rear seat folded, there's enough room in its trunk for a full set of mounted wheels and tires, a gas can, tools, and a helmet. Take all that out … and you'll have space for two golf bags.” -- Motor Trend (2013)
Next Steps: Scion FR-S
- View the best prices for the 2015 Scion FR-S
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Scion FR-S
- Search used Scion FR-S for sale (572 listings)
- See Affordable Sports Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals