Scion iQ Interior
According to reviewers, the 2015 Scion iQ’s cabin materials are mostly hard plastic, but that’s typical for the class. Critics appreciate the iQ’s great sound quality with the standard audio system, as well as the easy-to-use interior controls. Most auto writers think the front seats are comfortable, though some wish the driver seat was more adjustable. The passenger-side dashboard is positioned farther forward than the driver side dashboard, so test drivers say there’s enough legroom for an adult to sit in the right rear seat. However, the left rear seat is only suitable for a child. The iQ’s cargo space is very small with the rear seats folded, and almost unusable when they’re upright, critics say.
- "… the cabin features simple, low-tech controls and rock-hard plastics, which is par for the course at this price point." -- Edmunds
- "The front seats are ample-sized and quite comfortable, but the interior as a whole feels spartan and inexpensive." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Cabin decor emphasizes trendy style over tactile substance, but most materials are nice enough for the price. Hard plastic dominates, but is nicely textured, and modest soft-touch surfacing appears on the dash top and door panels." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Scion iQ Pictures
The 2015 Scion iQ seats four and comes with cloth upholstery and a leather-trimmed steering wheel with tilt adjustment. Most reviewers think the iQ’s front seats are comfortable and offer great 360-degree visibility, though some say the driver seat could use more adjustability. The passenger-side dashboard is set further forward than the dashboard on the driver side for more legroom. According to test drivers, that means the right rear seat is spacious enough for an adult, though the left rear seat is still only large enough for a child.
- "Despite its relatively short stature, the subcompact 2015 Scion iQ provides a surprisingly tall seating position for the driver and front passenger, affording both excellent all-around visibility when the rear seat is dropped down. Unfortunately, the lack of a height-adjustable seat or tilt wheel limits how comfortable specific individuals will be behind the wheel." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Smart placement of the engine allows for an offset dashboard and a front passenger seat that's located father forward than the driver, freeing up enough space behind for an adult. The left rear seat is still best left to children, though even to fit three adults in something as small as the iQ ranks as an impressive achievement." -- Left Lane News
- "Predictably, the 2015 Scion iQ is best for a pair of travelers who pack light. But clever packaging under the hood allowed Scion's engineers to place the passenger side of the dash farther forward than the driver side, creating more room for the front passenger seat -- and thus for a rear passenger on that side." -- Edmunds
Standard features in the 2015 Scion iQ include a 6.1-inch touch-screen infotainment system, Bluetooth, an auxiliary audio jack, a USB input, HD Radio, a six-speaker Pioneer audio system, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, keyless entry and power windows and door locks. A premium BeSpoke Audio system with navigation and smartphone app integration is available as a dealer-installed accessory.
Test drivers note that most of the controls in the iQ’s cabin are easy to operate. They say the iQ’s standard Pioneer audio system has great sound quality and offers plenty of ways to connect with your audio devices. They also like the smartphone app integration that’s included with the optional BeSpoke system.
- "The new touchscreen audio system is a welcome addition, while the optional premium stereo/navigation system and its attendant smartphone-based apps - including Aha internet radio, Facebook, Twitter, Yelp and Tripadvisor - makes the iQ even more functional. Clearly, small need not equate to basic." -- Left Lane News
- "Like all Scions, the iQ benefits from a quality Pioneer audio system with a clever interface and abundant media connections. The optional BeSpoke is also pretty cool given how much added functionality it has with app integration such as Pandora and social media. In contrast, the rest of the cabin features simple, low-tech controls such as the three-knob climate system." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "A high-style dashboard offers a large, legible speedometer and a smaller, less easily read tachometer, fuel, and temperature gauges. Climate controls involve three rotary knobs with inset switches; all stack ahead of the shift lever and are easy to reach and operate." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
At just 3.5 cubic feet, the 2015 Scion iQ’s cargo area is one of the smallest in the class. With the rear seats folded, cargo space increases to 16.7 cubic feet, which is still extremely small even for a subcompact car. For comparison, the Chevrolet Spark has 11.4 cubic feet of cargo space behind its rear seat and 31.2 with its rear seats folded. Reviewers write that the cargo space behind the iQ’s rear seat is virtually unusable, and they point out that interior storage is poor because the iQ doesn’t have a glove compartment or a center console.
- "Moreover, cargo space behind the rear seats measures just 3.5 cubic feet, which is barely enough for some grocery bags." -- Edmunds
- "With the rear seats up, cargo capacity is nearly nonexistent. We'd opt for more cargo space and just leave the rear seats folded flat." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Cargo space is limited to a virtually-nonexistent 3.5 cubic feet with all seats in place, although folding the rear seats flat unlocks a useful 16.5 cubes." -- Left Lane News
- "Regular accessories - cellphone chargers, sunglasses and the like - will have to compete for space in the door pockets - no center console or glove compartment leave cabin storage as thin as Gandalf's staff." -- Cars.com (2012)
Next Steps: Scion iQ
- View the best prices for the 2015 Scion iQ
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Scion iQ
- Search used Scion iQ for sale (246 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals