Scion tC Review
The 2015 Scion tC ranks 20 out of 27 Affordable Compact Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Scion tC, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers praise the 2015 Scion tC for its affordable price and roomy cabin, though they note that rival coupes outperform the tC.
The 2015 Scion tC has a four-cylinder engine that some reviewers say provides acceptable power for city driving, though others point out that it accelerates slowly and offers less power than rival couples. The standard six-speed manual transmission shifts smoothly, according to test drivers. They also praise the optional six-speed automatic transmission for its rapid shifts and rev-matching feature that increases engine speed while downshifting for a more athletic ride. The 2015 tC earns an EPA-estimated 23/31 mpg city/highway with either transmission, which is low for the class. Critics write that the tC handles confidently, but some say that rival coupes are more agile. Additionally, reviewers note that the tC rides harshly over imperfect roads.
The 2015 tC has room for five passengers, and reviewers say its backseat comfortably fits adults and is easy to enter and exit – a rarity for a coupe. Test drivers note that the front seats are easily adjustable and comfortable. Reviewers say the cabin looks low-end with too much plastic trim and too little padding. The base Scion tC comes standard with Bluetooth, auxiliary and USB ports and an eight-speaker Pioneer audio system with a 6.1-inch touch screen. A BeSpoke audio system is available as a dealer-installed option, which includes navigation and smartphone app integration. Auto writers find that the tC’s controls are clear and easy to use, and they like that the available BeSpoke system offers navigation and smartphone integration.
- "While the 2015 Scion tC isn't as quick as its sporty styling suggests, it still holds appeal for buyers who want an affordable, good-looking and fun-to-drive coupe." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Scion tC is a compact coupe that belies its sporty looks with a comfortable ride and predictable but uninspired handling. A corner carver it is not, yet for buyers seeking a stylish and practical machine for a relatively low purchase price, the tC will likely fit the bill." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Scion tC is an appealing entry-level coupe, thanks to a roomy cabin, generous features list and snappy performance." -- Edmunds
Scion tC Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Critics say the Mini Hardtop is one of the most fun-to-drive hatchbacks in the class, with sharp handling and peppy turbocharged engine options. They also add that the Mini Hardtop has an upscale interior with quality materials and soft surfaces.
The Honda Civic offers a continuously variable transmission that reviewers say is very smooth and uses the engine’s power efficiently. The Civic also gets better fuel economy than the tC, and reviewers appreciate its attractive, high-quality interior.
Details: 2015 Scion tC
The Scion tC is a two-door hatchback that seats five and has front-wheel drive. It is powered by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, and comes with a standard six-speed manual transmission or an available six-speed automatic. The tC was redesigned for the 2011 model year, and sees no major changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Scion tC
- View the best prices for the 2015 Scion tC
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Scion tC
- Search used Scion tC for sale (3,103 listings)
- See Affordable Compact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals