Scion tC Interior
Automotive journalists say the 2015 Scion tC has a sporty interior design, but low-quality materials like hard plastics and thin padding tarnish the car’s appeal. However, some reviewers find that the tC stands out from other coupes in the class, saying it has a good amount of interior room for passengers and cargo alike.
- "The cabin builds on the exterior's ‘sports car’ theme controls canted towards the driver, well-bolstered seats and the kind of flat-bottomed steering wheel usually found on serious high-performance vehicles. Despite some recent material upgrades, the plastics inside still skew towards the econobox end of the refinement spectrum." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Scion tC offers up a comfortable and modern interior." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With its thick, flat-bottom steering wheel, cradling seat bolsters and controls canted toward the driver, the tC strives for a high-performance sports car aesthetic. Unfortunately, the cabin's ambience is sullied a bit by the abundance of cheap plastic trim and thinly padded armrests." -- Edmunds
- "The Scion tC is unusually practical for a small sporty coupe, with good interior room and usable cargo space." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Scion tC seats five and comes standard with two-tone fabric front bucket seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Auto reviewers write that there is a good amount of legroom for rear-seat passengers, and that the front seats accommodate people of any size. However, some critics think the seats are a bit too firm, and that outside road and wind noise fills the cabin.
- "There's plenty of legroom in back for passengers, and the rear seats recline for maximum comfort. …" -- Left Lane News
- "… the seats are firmer than we'd like, and at highway speeds the cabin is awash with road and wind noise." -- Edmunds
- "The multi-adjustable driver's seat can accommodate just about any height, and the rear seat is roomier than you'd expect, considering the tC's small exterior dimensions." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Even larger folk should be comfortable in tC's front seats. The low roofline means headroom is tight for tall folks, but legroom is vast; even 6-footers won't need to push the seat all the way back." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Scion tC comes standard with Bluetooth, auxiliary and USB ports, an eight-speaker Pioneer audio system with a 6.1-inch touch screen, steering wheel-mounted audio controls and keyless entry. A BeSpoke audio system with navigation is available as a dealer-installed option, which provides smartphone app integration for audio and social media apps.
Critics say the tC’s controls are easy to use and well-organized on the center stack. Reviewers praise the optional BeSpoke audio system that includes a navigation system and smartphone integration with Internet radio.
- "Upgrades last year included better seat materials and slightly more contrasting trim on the dash, and we like the straightforward simplicity of the gauges, center stack and controls." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "While previous Scions have received high marks for their stereo quality, competitors seem to have caught up lately. Standard Scion knobs and dials are still clear and easy to use, though. That said, the optional BeSpoke audio system is worth the money, considering that it provides a navigation system and smartphone integration that connects Internet radio, Yelp and other popular social media applications." -- Edmunds
- "The controls are mostly simple, handy, and clearly marked. The gauges are well lit and have distinct markings." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 tC has 14.7 cubic feet of cargo space, and auto writers think the tC offers a roomy cargo area, and that its hatchback body style makes it simple to load cargo. Reviewers also add there’s a decent amount of small-item storage spaces in the tC’s cabin.
- "Behind the rear seats the tC can hold up to 14.7 cubic feet of luggage, while folding the rear seat yields additional cargo space. The hatchback body style also means it's easier to load bulky items in the tC than it is with traditional coupes like the Civic or Hyundai Elantra." -- Edmunds
- "While most coupes offer little in the way of practicality, the tC actually boasts a relatively roomy cargo area with 14.7 cubic feet of stowage space." -- Left Lane News
- "Interior small-items storage is average--there are small door pockets, a handy glovebox, and a small but deep bin beneath the center armrest." -- Consumer Guide (2013)