2013 Scion xB Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
Several reviewers mention that the Scion xB’s cabin is mostly constructed with hard plastics, but they also say this is expected given the car’s starting price. One critic says that the materials’ appearance and texture are on par for the class. Reviewers agree that the xB’s cabin offers abundant seating and cargo space.
- "The interior is a sea of hard plastics, but that's to be expected for the price. Their look and feel are still pleasant for the class." -- Consumer Guide
- "With lots of hard plastic material and flat, simple surfaces, you won't confuse the xB for a Lexus." -- Kelley Blue Book
The xB seats five people on cloth seats, and a tilting and telescoping steering column is included. One reviewer comments that the front seats offer ample support and comfort. Most critics also are impressed with the amount of space inside the xB, noting that there is plenty of headroom and legroom in both rows. A couple reviewers do mention that rear visibility is somewhat compromised due to the car’s thick roof pillars.
- "The front seats are comfortable and supportive. Drivers sit upright, yet the high-for-the-class ceiling means headroom is more than ample. Taller occupants will wish for slightly more legroom. The large rear roof pillars block visibility to the rear." -- Consumer Guide
- "Compared to the typical small hatchback, the xB is clearly a size up. For both front and rear passengers, the xB provides plenty of legroom and headroom (some cities have even chosen to use the xB as taxi cabs)." -- Edmunds
- "If you regularly carry passengers in the rear seat, they'll appreciate ample room in the xB." -- Kelley Blue Book
The xB comes standard with a six-speaker Pioneer stereo, satellite radio, HD Radio, Bluetooth, a USB port, an auxiliary jack and steering wheel-mounted audio controls. The 10 Series model comes standard with a display audio system with a touch screen. A BeSpoke stereo with navigation and smartphone integration is available as a dealer-added accessory.
One reviewer dislikes the positioning of the instrument cluster, noting that its location on top of the center stack rather than behind the steering wheel makes it difficult to see the gauges. However, he says that the climate controls are easy to use. The BeSpoke stereo also receives praise for its ability to integrate smartphone applications for Internet radio and social media.
- "Scion makes some odd choices for the location of some controls and displays. The instrument pod is mounted high in the middle of dashboard, out of driver's direct line of sight. Some testers find this to be an annoyance, but the digital speedometer readout partially compensates. The transmission shift lever is found on the lower part of the dash rather than the center console. The high-mounted audio and climate controls are more conventionally located, making them simple to operate and easy to reach." -- Consumer Guide
- "One upgrade we're particularly fond of is the optional BeSpoke Premium Audio by Pioneer that includes a touchscreen interface and smartphone app integration for services like Pandora radio." -- Edmunds
- "Back up front, controls are simple to see and use. There's little complexity here: If you want to adjust the fan to blow warm air on your feet, you can do it in about two seconds." -- Kelley Blue Book
The Scion xB offers 11.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the back seats and 69.9 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. Most reviewers agree that the xB has lots of cargo space for the class. One test driver is pleased with the small-item storage in the cabin as well.
- "When not holding your buddies, the Scion's 3-person rear seat folds in a 60/40 split to open up a tremendous amount of cargo space - nearly 70 cubic feet." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Interior small items storage is plentiful, with several bins and trays, including a cubby beneath the rear seat." -- Consumer Guide
- "Beyond that, the interior is fairly standard, with a generous amount of cargo room when the rear seat is folded." -- Cars.com (2012)