2013 Smart Fortwo Electric Drive
- Used Smart Fortwo Electric Drive
2013 Smart Fortwo Electric Drive Interior
This interior review was written when the 2013 Smart Fortwo Electric Drive was new.
On reviewer isn’t very impressed with the Smart Fortwo Electric Drive’s interior, and calls it basic, but another thinks it’s well-made and high-quality. Reviewers do agree, however, that the Fortwo Electric Drive’s cabin is impressively spacious, but has a tiny cargo area.
- "The interior feels chic and well put together. Add one of the special packages with quilted, high-end leather, and it almost feels like a luxury car inside." -- Forbes
- "The interior is woefully basic. A semi-soft fabric pasted atop a hard plastic is not exactly ‘soft touch.’" -- AutoWeek
Though the two-seat Smart Fortwo Electric Drive is small, some reviewers are impressed that it has so much cabin room. They say that there’s plenty of head- and leg space, and one mentions that visibility is good in every direction when the convertible top is up. He says that when the top folds down, it decreases rear visibility by about half. One test driver dislikes the steering wheel. He says that it blocks the speedometer, but doesn’t know how to fix that problem because the steering wheel doesn’t tilt up and down.
- "Though tiny on the outside, the Smart's interior is surprisingly roomy. The Fortwo's tall shape creates ample headroom and legroom for two passengers. …" -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The cabin is unusually narrow, though, so adults must ride virtually shoulder-to-shoulder. All-around visibility is great, though completely rolling back the convertible top creates a ‘stack’ that blocks the lower half of what you'd normally see out the rear window." -- Consumer Guide
- "The upper rim of the steering wheel also will obscure the speedometer, an issue that cannot be remedied because the steering wheel doesn't adjust up and down, only fore and aft." -- Forbes
The Fortwo Electric Drive comes with a stereo that has USB and auxiliary ports. Optional features include the Smart Highline audio system and a surround sound system. The Highline stereo has a touch-screen display, navigation and Bluetooth. Reviewers do not comment on the interior features.
See the full list of 2013 Smart Fortwo Electric Drive features and specs »
The Fortwo Electric Drive has 7.8 cubic feet of cargo space. Reviewers say the Fortwo ED’s cargo area is very small, but one test driver is pleased with the amount of interior storage that is available.
- "… there's ample storage for everyday things like coffee mugs, documents, keys, and phones in the various catchall nettings." -- Motor Trend
- "The ForTwo's city-focused design leaves little room for cargo. Coupes have a lift-up back window above a drop-down tailgate, but can barely fit six grocery bags." -- Consumer Guide