Subaru Impreza Review
The 2015 Subaru Impreza ranks 15 out of 27 Affordable Compact Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Subaru Impreza, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Subaru Impreza is ranked:
The 2015 Subaru Impreza fails to impress test drivers on the highway, but they praise the roomy seating and standard all-wheel drive.
Test drivers say the 2015 Subaru Impreza’s four-cylinder engine provides ample power for city driving but can feel underpowered on the highway. The standard manual transmission's abrupt clutch engagement makes driving slowly difficult at times, reviewers say, and the available automatic transmission is noisy at times. Fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 28/37 mpg city/highway with the automatic transmission, which is decent for the class, especially considering it comes standard with all-wheel drive. Most reviewers think that the Impreza has balanced handling and a comfortable ride. Some find the steering to be responsive, while others say it feels numb.
Most critics say the 2015 Impreza has a simple interior design that uses first-rate materials. They add that the rear seats are spacious and that the front seats are comfy. The Impreza hatchback's cargo space is generous for the class, but the sedan's trunk space is slightly low for the class. The 2015 Impreza comes standard with a rearview camera and Subaru's Starlink infotainment system with a 6.2-inch touch screen, Bluetooth and a USB port. Options include a 7-inch touch screen, navigation, automatic climate control and Subaru's EyeSight driver assist system with lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control. According to auto journalists, the climate and audio controls are user-friendly, however a few critics are displeased with the poor sound quality of the Impreza's audio system.
- "For shoppers adventuresome enough to look beyond the default choices in small cars, the Impreza could be a very satisfying pick." -- Consumer Guide
- "A roomy interior, a commendable ride/handling balance and standard all-wheel drive make the 2015 Subaru Impreza a solid choice for an all-season compact sedan or hatchback." -- Edmunds
- "If you live where winter is more than an abstract concept, then the 2015 Subaru Impreza is an obvious compact-car choice. With good fuel economy to match its all-weather traction, you can get a lot of car for a reasonable price. …" -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Want an affordable and fuel-efficient compact car with all-wheel-drive? Subaru's Impreza sedan and hatchback are your best options - and aside from the thirsty, dated Mitsubishi Lancer, really your only options." -- Left Lane News
Subaru Impreza Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Test drivers say that the Honda Civic has plenty of power and that its available continuously variable transmission is responsive and operates smoothly. The Civic gets good fuel economy for the class, and test drivers like its attractive cabin design.
Like the Impreza, the Mazda3 is available as either a sedan or hatchback, and reviewers agree that it has athletic handling and responsive steering. They note that its base engine has plenty of power, and the Mazda3 gets great fuel economy for the class.
Details: 2015 Subaru Impreza
The 2015 Subaru Impreza seats five and is available in sedan and hatchback body styles. It comes standard with all-wheel drive, a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and a five-speed manual transmission, while a continuously variable transmission is available. There are five trims, ranging from the base 2.0i to the top 2.0i Sport Limited. The 2015 Subaru WRX is reviewed separately. The Impreza is largely unchanged since its last redesign for the 2012 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Subaru Impreza
- View the best prices for the 2015 Subaru Impreza
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Subaru Impreza
- Search used Subaru Impreza for sale (4,557 listings)
- See Affordable Compact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals