Subaru Impreza Review
The 2015 Subaru Impreza ranks 20 out of 42 Affordable Small Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Subaru Impreza, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Subaru Impreza is ranked:
Critics say the 2015 Subaru Impreza needs more punch at highway speeds, but they appreciate the standard all-wheel drive and ample seating.
The four-cylinder engine in the 2015 Subaru Impreza generates enough power for city driving, reviewers say, but several feel the Impreza is underpowered at higher speeds. Test drivers say the standard manual transmission has an abrupt clutch engagement point that can make smooth driving at lower speeds difficult, and they note that the available automatic transmission can be loud. Fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 28/37 mpg city/highway with the automatic transmission, which is decent for the class, especially considering it comes standard with all-wheel drive. Most reviewers think that the Impreza has balanced handling and a comfortable ride. Some find the steering to be responsive, while others say it feels numb.
The 2015 Subaru Impreza's interior is constructed with premier materials and has an uncomplicated design, according to most automotive journalists. They find the front seats comfortable and the back seat especially roomy. The Impreza hatchback's cargo space is generous for the class, but the sedan's trunk space is slightly low for the class. The 2015 Impreza comes standard with a rearview camera and Subaru's Starlink infotainment system with a 6.2-inch touch screen, Bluetooth and a USB port. Options include a 7-inch touch screen, navigation, automatic climate control and Subaru's EyeSight driver assist system with lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control. According to auto journalists, the climate and audio controls are user-friendly, however a few critics are displeased with the poor sound quality of the Impreza's audio system.
- "For shoppers adventuresome enough to look beyond the default choices in small cars, the Impreza could be a very satisfying pick." -- Consumer Guide
- "A roomy interior, a commendable ride/handling balance and standard all-wheel drive make the 2015 Subaru Impreza a solid choice for an all-season compact sedan or hatchback." -- Edmunds
- "If you live where winter is more than an abstract concept, then the 2015 Subaru Impreza is an obvious compact-car choice. With good fuel economy to match its all-weather traction, you can get a lot of car for a reasonable price. …" -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Want an affordable and fuel-efficient compact car with all-wheel-drive? Subaru's Impreza sedan and hatchback are your best options - and aside from the thirsty, dated Mitsubishi Lancer, really your only options." -- Left Lane News
Subaru Impreza Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Test drivers say that the Honda Civic has plenty of power and that its available continuously variable transmission is responsive and operates smoothly. The Civic gets good fuel economy for the class, and test drivers like its attractive cabin design.
Like the Impreza, the Mazda3 is available as either a sedan or hatchback, and reviewers agree that it has athletic handling and responsive steering. They note that its base engine has plenty of power, and the Mazda3 gets great fuel economy for the class.
Details: 2015 Subaru Impreza
The 2015 Subaru Impreza seats five and is available in sedan and hatchback body styles. It comes standard with all-wheel drive, a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and a five-speed manual transmission, while a continuously variable transmission is available. There are five trims, ranging from the base 2.0i to the top 2.0i Sport Limited. The 2015 Subaru WRX is reviewed separately. The Impreza is largely unchanged since its last redesign for the 2012 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Subaru Impreza
- View the best prices for the 2015 Subaru Impreza
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Subaru Impreza
- Search used Subaru Impreza for sale (4,557 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals