Subaru Legacy Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONRecall Date: 07/31/2013
- Summary: Subaru of America is recalling certain model year 2014 Legacy 3.6R and Outback 3.6R and 2013 Tribeca vehicles manufactured June 12, 2013, through June 28, 2013 and equipped with 5-speed automatic transmissions. In the affected vehicles, the parking rod may come loose inside the automatic transmission.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 202
- Consequence: As a result of the parking rod detaching, the transmission may not be able to be moved from the "park" position preventing the vehicle from being moved or driven. Furthermore, even with the transmission shifted into the 'park' position, the parking mechanism may not engage, and the vehicle may roll away while in the "park" position, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transmission, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin by the end of August 2013. Owners may contact Subaru at 1-800-782-2783. Subaru's recall number is WQJ-46.
- Dates of Manufacture JUN 11, 2013 to JUN 27, 2013
- Manufacturer Recall Number: WQJ-46
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V336000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2014 Subaru Legacy has a three-year/36,000-mile new car warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Next Steps: Subaru Legacy