Subaru Outback Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
TRAILER HITCHESRecall Date: 09/18/2014
- Summary: Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain model year 2015 Outback vehicles manufactured January 22, 2014, to August 18, 2014, and equipped with a Subaru accessory trailer hitch assembly. During installation, the trailer hitch mounting nuts may have been overtightened, potentially resulting in failure of the trailer hitch mounting studs.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 56
- Consequence: The mounting nut(s) may not provide sufficient force to remain attached to the studs or the studs themselves might break. If this were to happen while a trailer is being towed, the driver might not be able to operate the vehicle as desired or the trailer may detach from the vehicle. Either situation could increase the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will replace all eight mounting nuts for the trailer hitch assembly, and will inspect all eight mounting studs for damage, free of charge. The recall began on October 7, 2014. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-800-782-2783. Subaru's number for this recall is WQN-50.
- Dates of Manufacture JAN 21, 2014 to AUG 17, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: WQN-50
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V577000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Subaru Outback has a three-year/36,000-mile new car limited warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.
Next Steps: Subaru Outback