2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid
Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Interior
Test drivers say the 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid stands out from the non-hybrid version with its more refined cabin, which is quieter because of extensive sound-deadening materials. The XV Crosstrek Hybrid comes with a notable amount of standard features for the class, including a rearview camera and heated front seats. While the cargo space in the XV Crosstrek Hybrid is on the small side, some test drivers says it doesn't sacrifice much cargo space when compared to the gas-only model. According to one reviewer, there are few disappointments in the XV Crosstrek Hybrid's interior, aside from its complicated navigation system.
- "On road, where most XV Crosstrek Hybrids will venture, the much-needed refinements added a dollop of sophistication to what was once a too-rugged brute in need of a trip to finishing school." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid is, in fact, the nicest evolution yet of the Impreza. It features more sound deadening than the conventional XV and comes with a higher level of standard content, which helps justify its $3000 premium over a conventional XV Crosstrek with an automatic transmission." -- Automobile Magazine
- "… it's the same XV Crosstrek interior that more than 40,000 buyers this year alone have already, and happily, welcomed into their homes." -- Autoblog
The 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid seats five on standard cloth upholstery or optional leather-trimmed seats. Heated front seats are also standard, which is rare for the class. The Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid earns reviewer praise for its remarkably quiet cabin. They also note that it’s quieter than the gas-only XV Crosstrek, thanks to sound-deadening materials that significantly reduce noise inside the cabin.
- "We particularly appreciate the standard heated cloth seats." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Keeping the conditions in mind, nothing about the cabin noise called attention to itself. …" -- Autoblog
- "More significant than the greater torque or the improved fuel economy are the improvements to the car's noise-suppression package. The standard Crosstrek, like the Impreza on which it's based, is a woefully tinny, cheap-feeling vehicle. The hybrid version carries a healthy layer of additional sound-deadening material and an acoustically laminated windshield. The XV Crosstrek needed these additions more than it needed a hybrid powertrain." -- Car and Driver
The 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid comes with a six-speaker audio system, a USB port, Bluetooth, an auxiliary input, a rearview camera, heated side mirrors, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and push-button start. Optional features include a voice-activated navigation system, Aha smartphone app integration, a moonroof and satellite radio.
Some test drivers note that the Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid offers more standard tech features than its gas-only sibling, which is well-equipped for the class. Other reviewers write that there are few disappointing aspects of the XV Crosstrek Hybrid's interior aside from its complicated optional navigation system.
- “The interior's only significant downside is a cumbersome optional navigation system that's overly fussy and best skipped for an aftermarket unit." -- Left Lane News
The Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid has 21.5 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats in use and 50.2 cubic feet with them folded, which is quite small when compared with the cargo room of compact SUVs like the Toyota RAV4. Still, one reviewer notes that even with the battery pack in the cargo area, the XV Crosstrek Hybrid doesn't sacrifice much space compared to the non-hybrid model.
- "Inside, there is essentially no compromise to be made compared to the non-hybrid. The slightly raised floor in the rear quarters means cargo room drops by 0.8 cubic feet with the rear seats up and by 1.7 cubes with them down. Even with the placement of the battery pack, you still get four liters of underfloor storage." -- Autoblog
Next Steps: Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings