2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
Suzuki has steadily been improving the interiors of its vehicles, and the Grand Vitara may be its best effort yet.
- "The interior -- particularly when executed in leather -- is nicely done, and the center-stack layout is pleasing." -- Car and Driver
- "Cabin a smart blend of hard plastic surfaces, padded panels; nothing looks or feels cheap. Available leather upholstery particularly rich-feeling." -- Consumer Guide
- "The spacious interior is nicely turned out. Fit and finish is excellent, and the quality of materials is on par with vehicles costing thousands more." -- Kansas City Star
- "The first thing you notice when you climb into the Grand Vitara is the simplicity of the interior. All the controls are within easy reach and easy to use, and there aren't too many of them -- enough buttons and dials to get the job done and no more. The black dash, carpet, doors and seats are set off by tasteful silver accents. Unfortunately, they're also offset by cheap-looking faux-marble trim around the gear selector and on the interior door handles." -- Motor Trend
Suzuki Grand Vitara Pictures
In general, critics like the Grand Vitara's seats, although they admit the seats could be a little softer.
- "Although the front bucket seats aren't exactly plush, they are supportive and comfortable." -- Edmunds
- "The 60/40 split-folding back seat is not only comfortable for adults, but it folds down easily." -- Kansas City Star
- "Seats are fairly flat and manually adjusted. But they are pretty comfortable and the seat-back's side bolsters are good. Head and legroom front and rear are fine and the truck is not overly tall, so access is easy." -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- "Seats, front and rear, are just firm enough to be comfortable and supportive without a lot of bolster. Rear seat backs have multiple positions from straight up to a nice bit of recline." -- The Auto Channel
Critics like the 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara's list of standard features.
- "Upfront, controls and gadgets fit well together and are easy to use, and tactile feel is pleasant. You'll find the dashboard and the center console understandable and intuitive." -- Autoweb
- "The Grand Vitara's stereo is not the vehicle's strong point. Still, it sounds adequate most of the time. However, if music is key to your off-road adventure or daily commute, you may want to swing by Best Buy on the way home from the auto mall." -- Edmunds
The Grand Vitara's cargo area is a bit disappointing for reviewers.
- "Space is good behind the rear seat. Rear seatbacks fold easily without removing the headrests, but lay flat only with the seat cushion flipped forward, which shortens the cargo deck. The seats don't stay flipped up on their own -- they must be attached to the front-seat headrest supports via an inconvenient plastic clip." -- Consumer Guide
- "The cargo hold will handle groceries or luggage for a week, but the pull shade to hide contents is flimsy. And the door with spare tire attached swings open rather than lifting up, which makes it hard to use if someone parks too close behind." -- Chicago Tribune