2008 Suzuki SX4 Wagon
- Repairs Suzuki SX4 Wagon
2008 Suzuki SX4 Wagon Review
This review was written when the 2008 Suzuki SX4 Wagon was new.
The SX4 Wagon's all-wheel-drive capability, abundant cargo space, well-equipped interior and budget price are plusses. However, it suffers from heavy curb weight and can't match the fuel economy or acceleration of others in its class.
The 2008 Suzuki SX4 Wagon is an affordable, roomy and enjoyable performer, especially in snowy and slippery conditions. The SX4's major downsides are its sometimes sluggish engine and poor fuel economy -- both in large part due to a hefty curb weight. Additionally, the SX4 suffers from low predicted reliability scores. The SX4's plusses and minuses factor into its mid-pack ranking in the affordable compact wagon class.
But the SX4 Wagon is one of the least expensive all-wheel-drive rides on the market. Road and Track says, "This 5-seat, 5-door hatch comes in at a base price of about $15,000. Not bad for something that has the interior volume of a station Crossover and all-wheel drive." Also available as a four-door sedan, the SX4 has a 2.4-liter engine that can be paired with a manual or optional automatic transmission.
- "A genuinely competent recreational vehicle, one that offers gobs of storage, good fuel mileage, a solid chassis and an adequate engine." -- Road and Track
- "Probably the best-designed, best-built, best-looking automobile Suzuki has brought to America since it set up shop in this country in 1963." -- Washington Post
- "At less than 15-grand, considering the quality and content of the SX4 I'd call it a first-rate value with enough fun that we won't easily get bored." -- The Auto Channel
- "Straddling a razor-thin line between the baby sport utility and the all-wheel-drive economy car." -- New York Times
- "Except for its standard all-wheel drive, nothing about the SX4 will surprise, delight or thrill, and the SX4 probably won't satisfy the interior cubic footage requirements of most American families as the household's principal car. But its prices and generally pleasant personality make it worth considering as a second car/commuter." -- Newsday