2009 Suzuki SX4 Wagon
- Repairs Suzuki SX4 Wagon
2009 Suzuki SX4 Wagon Interior
This interior review was written when the 2009 Suzuki SX4 Wagon was new.
The SX4 provides a surprisingly upscale cabin for its affordable price point, though some complain about cabin noise.
- The interior is "simple, yet elegant. And it's big enough ... to comfortably seat five people." -- The Washington Post
- "Open rear area and budget-level sound insulation do little to mask coarse-surface tire thrum." Consumer Guide
- "The SX4's quiet cabin was another positive I couldn't help but be impressed with. Neither road nor wind noise was ever a problem, and I could hold hushed conversations during highway driving." -- Cars.com
With 98.5 cubic feet of interior volume, the SX4 has ample interior space for its relatively small size. Most reviewers say four adults will fit comfortably, and five adults will fit for short trips. The SX4's tall roof helps it feel roomy, but some reviewers wish the seats had more cushioning.
- "The cabin is roomy enough for four average-size adults," -- New York Times
- "Reasonably comfortable room for five passengers -- if the rear middle rider is slim." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "There seemed to be an unusual amount of extra head space between the top of my 5-foot, 10-inch frame and the ceiling. I couldn't believe how much headroom there was."-- Cars.com
- The front seats are "firmly supportive," -- Newsday
- The rear bench is "Better than expected for this class. Good toe space, with adequate knee and leg room, even with the front seats moved far back." --Consumer Guide
Reviewers are pleased with the interior features on the SX4 crossover. Standout base features include remote keyless entry and power windows. Options for the SX4 are few, but include cruise control and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls. Reviewers also report that the interior seems well-built, but that the stereo could sound better.
- "Better-equipped than many compacts in its price range," --Kelley Blue Book.
- "The SX4 is another affordable car that can be driven off the lot with no options yet still give the owner a sense that he didn't lose out on anything in the bargain." Cars.com
- SX4 wagon has "one of the best-looking cabins in the segment. It's a simple layout with large, three-dial climate control knobs that sit just below a compact, well-labeled CD stereo. The analog gauges are easy to read, the switchgear feels good and the materials look better than you might expect." -- Edmunds
- The stereo is "a little tinny-sounding when the volume is cranked up." -- New York Times
The 2009 Suzuki SX4 wagon provides up to 16.2 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seat in place, 38.1 with the rear seat folded, and 54.3 cubic feet with the rear seat removed. All that space is appreciated by most reviewers. With the rear seat folded down, cargo space expands from 16.2 cubic feet to 38.1-- a good number for the wagon's size. But folding the rear seats isn't as easy as it sounds.
- "Luggage capacity blows away the other players in this field." --Edmunds
- "With the rear seats still in place, I filled the cargo area with groceries for a week's worth of meal planning." Cars.com
- "More cargo room than a Ford Explorer SUV." About.com
- "Folding [the rear seats] is clumsy and requires the front seats to be moved forward." -- The Arizona Republic