Tesla Model S Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
SEATSRecall Date: 06/14/2013
- Summary: Tesla Motors, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain model year 2013 Model S electric vehicles manufactured May 10, 2013, through June 8, 2013. An improper method for aligning the left hand seat back striker to the bracket may have weakened the weld between the bracket and the frame of the vehicle.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1,228
- Consequence: In the event of a crash, the left hand seat back may not stay mounted, increasing the risk of injury to passengers.
- Remedy: Tesla will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the left hand second row strikers. Tesla will add additional mounting hardware to ensure a proper joint between the bracket and the frame, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Tesla at 1-650-681-5000.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V249000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2013 Tesla Model S comes with a four-year/50,000-mile limited warranty. The Model S’ battery is covered for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Next Steps: Tesla Model S