2008 Toyota 4Runner Review
The 4Runner delivers excellent reliability, a car-like ride and impressive off-road prowess. Consequently, it ranks in the top half of its class and among other off-road SUVs.
The 2008 Toyota 4Runner's versatility for on-road or off-road driving will satisfy prospective buyers. Though it features limited cabin space and poor fuel economy, the 4Runner still manages to rank well within its large class. Introduced in 2003, the 4Runner's current model represents its fourth generation. After a 2005 drivetrain update and a 2006 facelift, the 2008 4Runner remains largely unchanged. The Washington Post says, "The 4Runner is excellent. But the mid-size SUV market is crowded with worthy competitors. This is a good buy -- without added premiums."
The Toyota 4Runner has three available trims: the base SR5, the Sport Edition, and the top-of-the-line Limited. All trims are also available with four-wheel drive.
- "The perfect combination of ruggedness, refinement, and quality." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Hey, the Lexus is wonderful, but for the price, the 4Runner remains a useful and powerful SUV with a good deal of interior comfort and convenience." -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- "With a solid and remarkably quiet ride for a truck, the new 4Runner is a tough new competitor for the best selling midsize SUV -- the Ford Explorer." -- Newsday
Next Steps: Toyota 4Runner
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Toyota 4Runner for sale (4,163 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Toyota 4Runner
- View Toyota 4Runner Photos
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings