Toyota Avalon Hybrid Interior
The automotive press praises the 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid’s interior, saying it is one of the nicest in the segment, with a stylish design and luxurious materials. They appreciate how roomy and comfortable the front and rear seats are and like that the Avalon Hybrid’s center stack controls are easy to use.
- "The 2015 Toyota Avalon sedan offers perhaps the finest cabin in its class, with first-rate materials, user-friendly controls and impressive fit and finish." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Avalon Hybrid's interior is spacious and elegant, with high-quality materials throughout." -- Edmunds
- "The dashboard design is much more modern than before thanks to flowing lines and a standard 6.1-inch touch screen display that controls the entertainment system." -- Left Lane News
- "The interior appointments of the new Avalon lineup qualify as both tasteful and sumptuous, with soft materials, two grades of leather upholstery, and designer color combinations." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
The 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid has seating for five and comes standard with leather upholstery, heated front seats and power-adjustable front seats. Ventilated front seats and heated rear seats are available. Test drivers say the Avalon Hybrid’s front and rear seats are spacious and comfortable, with ample room for five occupants. They add that the cabin is incredibly quiet at speed.
- "While the Avalon is 2.7-inches shorter overall than its predecessor, its cabin is as spacious as ever. There's ample room for five to sit in stretch-out comfort. …" -- Left Lane News
- "The front seats are very comfortable and highly adjustable, with plenty of side bolstering and lumbar support for both the driver and the front passenger. As you'd expect for this class of car, the Avalon's rear seats are quite roomy." -- Edmunds
- "Where the Avalon shines brightest is in its ability to coddle occupants and relax the driver. From the smooth ride to the whisper-quiet cabin to the user-friendly audio and infotainment controls, the 2015 Avalon should be the template for all big sedans." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Riders will find that the rear seat remains large and comfortable, though; Toyota believes it's spacious enough to test the waters of the livery market with the new model (orders accepted for black cars only, please)." -- Car and Driver (2013)
The 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid comes standard with a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start and Toyota’s Entune Audio Plus system, which includes a 6.1-inch touch-screen display, eight speakers, satellite radio, an auxiliary input, Bluetooth, HD Radio and a USB port. Available features include tri-zone automatic climate control, wireless charging capability for compatible mobile devices, an 11-speaker JBL audio system, navigation and adaptive cruise control.
The 2015 Avalon Hybrid has capacitive touch controls on the center stack, similar to those on a smartphone, rather than buttons for many functions. Reviewers think these touch controls work very well, and respond better than similar systems found in rivals. A few auto writers say that the wireless charging system doesn’t charge your phone very rapidly.
- “Toyota's latest batch of infotainment options such as advanced voice recognition, mobile application integration and hard-drive-based navigation should appeal to tech-savvy buyers. And, unlike the Ford Taurus, the Avalon's capacitive-touch switches for the audio and climate-control functions are responsive and straightforward." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Toyota is among the first automakers to offer wireless charging for cell phones. We like its convenience, but it doesn't charge very quickly." -- Edmunds
- "While we're sure there will still be major detractors (Consumer Reports for one), we found the Avalon's center stack intuitive and very easy to use." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid has 14 cubic feet of trunk space, which is good compared to that of rivals like the mild hybrid Buick LaCrosse eAssist, but poor when compared with other affordable large cars’ trunk space. The 2015 Avalon Hybrid does not have folding rear seats, but there is a center pass-through for long, thin items. Critics like the Avalon Hybrid’s interior storage spaces, including the standard eBin in the center console for organizing power cords for electronic devices.
- "Storage cubbies provide ample room for drinks and personal effects, and the center console is large. The front section of the center console acts as a convenient ‘eBin’ with power cords passing through a sliding panel for two cell phones and auxiliary and USB connections." -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings