Toyota Avalon Hybrid Interior
Reviewers say the 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid has one of the nicest interiors in the class thanks to its remarkably quiet cabin, attractive design and premium materials. The Avalon Hybrid has a larger trunk than other hybrid sedans. Automotive journalists write that its front and rear seats are extremely spacious and comfortable, and that most of its interior controls are user-friendly.
- "The 2014 Toyota Avalon offers perhaps the finest cabin in its class, with first-rate materials, user-friendly controls and impressive fit and finish." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Avalon Hybrid is also exceptionally quiet, equaling the hushed demeanor of a large luxury sedan while cruising at highway speeds." -- Edmunds
- "The interior appointments of the new Avalon lineup qualify as both tasteful and sumptuous, with soft materials, two grades of leather upholstery, and designer color combinations." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
The 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery and heated, power-adjustable front seats. Available features include heated and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats. Test drivers say the Toyota Avalon Hybrid has comfortable and supportive front seats. They add that the Avalon Hybrid’s rear seats offer more than enough head- and legroom.
- "The front seats are very comfortable and highly adjustable, with plenty of side bolstering and lumbar support for both the driver and the front passenger. As you'd expect for this class of car, the Avalon's rear seats are quite roomy." -- Edmunds
- "In terms of comfort the rear-seat passengers are treated to an abundance of legroom and headroom." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Riders will find that the rear seat remains large and comfortable, though; Toyota believes it's spacious enough to test the waters of the livery market with the new model (orders accepted for black cars only, please)." -- Car and Driver (2013)
- "There's an abundance of room inside for five passengers, with over 40 inches of front legroom and 39.2 inches in the rear." -- Autoblog (2013)
Standard features in the 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid include a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start and Toyota’s Display Audio sound system, which includes a 6.1-inch touch-screen display, eight speakers, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, an auxiliary input and a USB port. Available features include tri-zone climate control, an 11-speaker JBL audio system, navigation, satellite radio and adaptive cruise control.
The Avalon Hybrid doesn’t have many buttons for its audio or climate controls. Instead, these functions are mostly controlled by capacitive touch switches, which work similarly to a smartphone’s touch screen. Reviewers write that the Avalon Hybrid’s capacitive switchgear is well laid out and easier to use than similar systems in rival cars. Some add that the Avalon Hybrid’s standard touch-screen display is intuitive but doesn’t always respond immediately when you touch the screen.
- "And, unlike the Ford Taurus, the Avalon's capacitive touch switches for the audio and climate-control functions are responsive and straightforward." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Finally, the touchscreen interface has straightforward menus, but it's sometimes unresponsive to user touch." -- Edmunds
- "While we're sure there will still be major detractors (Consumer Reports for one), we found the Avalon's center stack intuitive and very easy to use." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid has 14 cubic feet of trunk space, which is more than what most hybrid sedans have, including the Buick LaCrosse eAssist. However, the Avalon Hybrid offers less trunk space than most other affordable large cars. The Avalon Hybrid’s rear seatbacks do not fold down, but there is a center pass-through for long, thin items like skis. Reviewers appreciate the Avalon Hybrid’s cabin storage, which includes a useful center console bin for storing and recharging electronic devices.
- "Storage compartments provide ample room for drinks and personal effects. The lower section of the center console provides a convenient ‘eBin’ with power cords passing through a sliding panel for two cell phones and auxiliary and USB connections." -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings