Toyota Avalon Review
The 2015 Toyota Avalon ranks 3 out of 10 Affordable Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Avalon, as well as reliability and safety data.
According to reviewers, the 2015 Toyota Avalon has a smooth ride, potent engine and upscale interior.
The 2015 Toyota Avalon comes standard with a V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. Auto writers report that the V6 is powerful, and according to the EPA, the 2015 Avalon gets 21/31 mpg city/highway, which is high for the class. Critics note the Avalon has a smooth ride and agile handling, with little body lean. They add that it has well-weighted, precise steering and strong brakes.
Test drivers say the 2015 Toyota Avalon has a first-class interior that's built using top-notch materials. The Avalon's trunk is small for the class, but reviewers write that its front and rear seats are spacious and comfortable. The 2015 Avalon comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth, a rearview camera, push-button start, a USB port, satellite radio and an eight-speaker Entune audio system with a 6.1-inch touch-screen display. Available features include blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, an 11-speaker JBL sound system, navigation, a wireless charging system for smartphones and the Entune App Suite, which provides access to smartphone apps like Pandora Internet radio.
- "With its combination of style, comfort, overall quality and willing performance, the 2015 Toyota Avalon is a very smart choice for the full-size sedan buyer." -- Edmunds
- "Where the Avalon shines brightest is in its ability to coddle occupants and relax the driver. From the smooth ride to the whisper-quiet cabin to the user-friendly audio and infotainment controls, the 2015 Avalon should be the template for all big sedans." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Looking to appeal to buyers outside of the Avalon's traditional septuagenarian base, Toyota recently gave the sedan a retuned suspension for more responsive handling, along with a thorough restyling that resulted in a newly distinctive look. Those qualities, in combination with refinement worthy of Toyota's Lexus luxury division, transform the Avalon into a highly competitive offering." -- Left Lane News
- "Unlike its predecessor, the 2013 Avalon makes sense in the Toyota/Lexus hierarchy, and it's better to drive than both the Lexus ES and the Camry while also delivering luxury and refinement that neatly splits those two cars." -- Car and Driver (2013)
Other Cars to Consider
Reviewers report that the Chevrolet Impala has a luxurious interior and composed handling. The Impala also has a larger trunk than the Avalon, and auto journalists think the Impala’s available V6 is powerful and refined.
The Kia Cadenza has an attractive, well-made cabin, according to test drivers. They say the infotainment system is very easy to use and has crisp graphics. Critics note the Cadenza has numerous standard features for the class.
Details: 2015 Toyota Avalon
The 2015 Toyota Avalon has seating for five and comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. The Avalon comes in five trims: XLE, XLE Premium, XLE Touring, XLE Touring Sport Edition and Limited. The Toyota Avalon Hybrid is reviewed separately. The Avalon was redesigned for the 2013 model year, and hasn’t seen many changes since then. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Avalon
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Avalon
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Avalon
- Search used Toyota Avalon for sale (5,688 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings