Toyota Avalon Interior
The 2015 Toyota Avalon’s interior is one of the nicest in the class, according to auto writers, with high-quality materials and a stylish design. They note the seating is spacious and comfortable for five occupants, and that the Avalon’s controls for climate and audio are easy to use and respond quickly to user selection.
- "The 2015 Toyota Avalon sedan offers perhaps the finest cabin in its class, with first-rate materials, user-friendly controls and impressive fit and finish." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Avalon's interior is spacious and elegant, with high-quality materials throughout." -- Edmunds
- "The redesigned interior represents a massive upgrade. Leather upholstery covers the seats in every Avalon, and a vinyl-wrapped dashboard gives the appearance of real hide." -- Car and Driver (2013)
- "Inside, there's a new interior aesthetic that is very high-tech and high-design. Capacitive controls on the floating center stack, which pushes the audio and climate controls into easy reach from the steering wheel, lend a futuristic look and surprisingly do not suck." -- CNET (2013)
Toyota Avalon Pictures
The 2015 Toyota Avalon seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery and heated, power-adjustable front seats. Ventilated front seats and heated rear seats are available. The Avalon has spacious, comfortable front seats, according to reviewers. They say the rear seats have plenty of leg- and headroom, and that the Avalon is incredibly quiet at speed.
- "The front seats are very comfortable, with plenty of side bolstering and lumbar support for both the driver and the front passenger. As you'd expect from a car in this class, the Avalon's rear seat is quite roomy." -- Edmunds
- "A number of NVH-focused additions, such as new sound-quelling materials, acoustic glass and redesigned exterior mirrors help reduce road noise and give the Avalon a library-quiet interior." -- Left Lane News
- "In terms of comfort the rear-seat passengers are treated to an abundance of legroom and headroom." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Riders will find that the rear seat remains large and comfortable, though; Toyota believes it's spacious enough to test the waters of the livery market with the new model (orders accepted for black cars only, please)." -- Car and Driver (2013)
The 2015 Toyota Avalon comes standard with a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start, Bluetooth, an auxiliary input, a USB port, satellite radio and an eight-speaker Entune audio system with a 6.1-inch touch-screen display. Available features include blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, an 11-speaker JBL sound system, navigation with a 7-inch touch screen, a wireless phone charging system and the Entune App Suite, which provides access to smartphone apps like Pandora Internet radio.
Critics like that the 2015 Avalon has numerous optional high-tech features, and that the capacitive touch controls for audio and climate settings respond quickly and are simple to use. Reviewers note that the Avalon’s wireless charging system for cell phones takes a while for phones to charge.
- “Toyota's latest batch of infotainment options such as advanced voice recognition, mobile application integration and hard-drive-based navigation should appeal to tech-savvy buyers. And, unlike the Ford Taurus, the Avalon's capacitive-touch switches for the audio and climate-control functions are responsive and straightforward." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Toyota is among the first automakers to offer wireless charging for cell phones. We like its convenience, but it doesn't charge very quickly." -- Edmunds
- "At the top is an 11-speaker JBL Synthesis system that uses an external amplifier and a pair of powered subwoofers. This system sounded pretty good during my road testing, but I noticed a rattling coming from the door panels in our test car." -- CNET (2013)
The 2015 Toyota Avalon has 16 cubic feet of trunk space. This is low for the class, as several rivals such as the Chevrolet Impala and Ford Taurus have more cargo space. However, test drivers are pleased with the Avalon’s trunk space, and they are impressed by its wide and low opening, which they say is useful when packing heavy items.
- "The generous trunk offers 16 cubic feet of space, and its wide opening and low liftover height make it easy to load heavy bags." -- Edmunds
- "Trunk space in the regular Avalon has improved significantly, measuring a competitive 16 cu ft versus the outgoing trunk's subpar 14.4 cu ft." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Next Steps: Toyota Avalon
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Avalon
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Avalon
- Search used Toyota Avalon for sale (5,688 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals