Toyota Camry Hybrid Review
The 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid ranks 3 out of 18 Affordable Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Camry Hybrid, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers are captivated by the responsive powertrain, spacious interior and user-friendly tech features in the updated 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid.
With the best combination of positive reviews and long-term ownership costs in its class, the Toyota Camry Hybrid is our 2015 Best Hybrid Car for the Money.
The four-cylinder engine and electric motor that power the 2015 Camry Hybrid deliver robust acceleration and sufficient power from a stop, automotive writers say. They note that transition from gas to electric power is smooth at cruising speed, but they say the gas engine can restart suddenly when moving away from a stop sign. The EPA reports that the 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid gets 43/39 city/highway, which is good for a hybrid car. Still, competitors like the Ford Fusion Hybrid and Toyota Prius use less fuel. Critics report that an updated suspension system helps the Camry Hybrid deliver composed handling and a compliant ride. Still, some reviewers dislike the Camry Hybrid’s grabby brakes, and say that the steering could offer more feedback.
Most critics say the updated Camry Hybrid has a lush interior for the class and is constructed with materials that are a step above those in the 2014 edition. The cabin is hushed and has supportive front and rear seats, according to test drivers. They also find that the driver's seat has superb outward visibility. Automotive writers note that the Camry Hybrid's trunk space is plentiful and the infotainment system is very easy to use. The 2015 Camry Hybrid comes with a rearview camera, push-button start, proximity key, automatic headlights, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth, a USB port and Toyota’s Entune audio system with a 6.1-inch touch screen. Available features include a sunroof, an upgraded Entune system with navigation and smartphone app integration, a JBL audio system, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, forward collision warning and blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert.
- "It looks better, it's more comfortable, and it rides better. It's just a shame Toyota didn't also take the opportunity to make some small but meaningful improvements to the powertrain and brakes. Still, if you're in the market for a Camry Hybrid, you'll find plenty to like about this one." -- Motor Trend
- "Newly invigorated, the 2015 Camry Hybrid merits strong consideration from shoppers looking for a comfortable, gas-sipping family car." -- Edmunds
- "While the refreshed 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid is an excellent stand-alone choice, it is far from the only game in town. The Ford Fusion Hybrid, Honda Accord Hybrid, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, Kia Optima Hybrid, and Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid are all worthy contenders seeking the same buyer, and each approaches from a slightly different angle - the best in this very competitive segment is too subjective to call." -- Autoblog
Toyota Camry Hybrid Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Toyota Prius gets exceptional fuel economy for a hybrid car, and it offers more overall cargo space than the Camry Hybrid. The Prius also has a lower starting price, and reviewers are pleased with its spacious rear seat.
The Honda Accord Hybrid also uses less fuel than the Camry Hybrid, and critics appreciate its attractive, high-quality interior. Test drivers also say that the Accord Hybrid is sporty for a midsize sedan, with poised handling and a responsive hybrid powertrain.
Details: 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid
The 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid seats five, has front-wheel drive and is available in LE, SE and XLE trims. A 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, an electric motor and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) are standard in all models. The Camry Hybrid gets updated interior and exterior styling for 2015, but has not been fully redesigned since the 2012 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Camry Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Search used Toyota Camry Hybrid for sale (33,782 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals