Toyota Camry Hybrid Review
The 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid ranks 4 out of 19 Affordable Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Camry Hybrid, as well as reliability and safety data.
The updated 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid charms the automotive press with a responsive powertrain, a roomy cabin and straightforward tech features.
The 2015 Camry Hybrid comes with a four-cylinder engine and an electric motor, which auto writers say provide strong acceleration and plenty of power from a stop. They say that the Camry Hybrid transitions seamlessly between gas and electric power at speed, though some note that the gas engine can restart abruptly when pulling away from stoplights. The EPA reports that the 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid gets 43/39 city/highway, which is good for a hybrid car. Still, competitors like the Ford Fusion Hybrid and Toyota Prius use less fuel. Critics report that an updated suspension system helps the Camry Hybrid deliver composed handling and a compliant ride. Still, some reviewers dislike the Camry Hybrid’s grabby brakes, and say that the steering could offer more feedback.
Toyota updated the Camry Hybrid’s interior for 2015, and most reviewers agree that the cabin feels luxurious for the class and features materials that are a notch above those in the 2014 model. They praise the Camry Hybrid’s quiet interior and comfortable front and rear seats, as well as the excellent outward visibility from the driver’s seat. The Camry Hybrid also has a lot of trunk space for a hybrid car, and test drivers point out that its standard infotainment system is particularly user-friendly. The 2015 Camry Hybrid comes with a rearview camera, push-button start, proximity key, automatic headlights, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth, a USB port and Toyota’s Entune audio system with a 6.1-inch touch screen. Available features include a sunroof, an upgraded Entune system with navigation and smartphone app integration, a JBL audio system, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, forward collision warning and blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert.
- "It looks better, it's more comfortable, and it rides better. It's just a shame Toyota didn't also take the opportunity to make some small but meaningful improvements to the powertrain and brakes. Still, if you're in the market for a Camry Hybrid, you'll find plenty to like about this one." -- Motor Trend
- "Newly invigorated, the 2015 Camry Hybrid merits strong consideration from shoppers looking for a comfortable, gas-sipping family car." -- Edmunds
- "While the refreshed 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid is an excellent stand-alone choice, it is far from the only game in town. The Ford Fusion Hybrid, Honda Accord Hybrid, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, Kia Optima Hybrid, and Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid are all worthy contenders seeking the same buyer, and each approaches from a slightly different angle - the best in this very competitive segment is too subjective to call." -- Autoblog
Other Cars to Consider
The Toyota Prius gets exceptional fuel economy for a hybrid car, and it offers more overall cargo space than the Camry Hybrid. The Prius also has a lower starting price, and reviewers are pleased with its spacious rear seat.
The Honda Accord Hybrid also uses less fuel than the Camry Hybrid, and critics appreciate its attractive, high-quality interior. Test drivers also say that the Accord Hybrid is sporty for a midsize sedan, with poised handling and a responsive hybrid powertrain.
Details: 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid
The 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid seats five, has front-wheel drive and is available in LE, SE and XLE trims. A 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, an electric motor and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) are standard in all models. The Camry Hybrid gets updated interior and exterior styling for 2015, but has not been fully redesigned since the 2012 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Camry Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Search used Toyota Camry Hybrid for sale (33,782 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings