Toyota Camry Hybrid Interior
Most critics think the cabin of the 2013 Camry Hybrid is attractive and contemporary and that Toyota used lots of high-end materials. They also like that there is plenty of passenger space, as well as a good-sized trunk.
- "In addition to being spacious, the cabin was very quiet. Even though we were in a hybrid, the gasoline engine kicked on several times and it was nearly impossible to detect an increase in noise from within the cabin." -- Forbes (2012)
- "The Toyota Camry cabin for 2013 is generous in both space and contemporary sophistication, highlighted by a leather-covered ‘layered’ dash set off by trim-specific instrumentation and a center cluster inspired by portable music players." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior design and build materials won't be winning any awards, not even in the pedestrian midsize segment. We found the revised color patterns a bit more inviting, and the ergonomics and controls placement and functionality to be well executed, but in the end there's a lack of intangible warmth in the cabin - it's appliance-like, if you will." -- Motor Trend (2012)
- "Soft-touch plastic on the upper dash is given an upscale appearance with genuine cloth stitching. Soft textures are also used on the upper door trim, door and center console armrests as well as kneepads on either side of the console." -- HybridCars.com (2012)
- "Less organic on the whole than the outgoing Camry, the new car signals a shift in direction from blobby bland to dapper and conservative. Considering the big audience Toyota will no doubt court, we'll call this one a stylistic base hit." -- Left Lane News (2012)
The five-seat 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid has standard fabric seats and the XLE trim adds an eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar. Leather-trimmed seats with a faux-suede insert, heated front seats and a four-way power-adjustable front passenger seat are available on the XLE trim. Test drivers agree that there is plenty of room in the Camry Hybrid and that its seats are very comfortable.
- "Headroom is generous in all positions, while aft passengers are treated to ample hiproom and legroom. Other key pluses include a set of supportive front bucket seats, and revised lower cushions on the 60/40 folding rear bench seat that adds stretch space for the middle rider." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Seating is all-day comfortable, and not just in the front row. Camry seats are kind to the gluteal portions of the anatomy, important in a car with a fuel range of 650-plus miles. Designers reshaped interior components to make it more spacious, with big gains in rear seat leg and hip room." -- HybridCars.com (2012)
- "The first thing that I noticed is that the cabin is spacious and actually quite roomy. The Camry is a mid-sized vehicle but that doesn't always equate to adequate legroom, even for a front-seat passenger. The backseat appeared to have an ample amount of legroom, as well." -- Forbes (2012)
- "The soft, floaty ride helps generate the illusion the Camry Hybrid is larger than it really is, a plus if you're constantly shuttling people around. There's sufficient space in the back seat to fit three average-size males abreast without the middle passenger having to curl into a ball -- taxi fleets operating Camry Hybrids should find welcome fares." -- Motor Trend (2012)
The 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid comes standard with features like dual-zone automatic climate control, 10 airbags, USB and auxiliary audio inputs and push-button start. Features available as options or on the higher XLE trim include a moonroof, blind spot monitoring system, anti-theft alarm system, Safety Connect automatic collision notification and roadside assistance system with complimentary one-year subscription, rearview camera, Entune infotainment system, navigation, Bluetooth and 10-speaker JBL audio system. Entune syncs with your smartphone and uses your data plan to provide real-time traffic, weather, gas prices and stock information, satellite radio capability, HD Radio, Bing and Pandora Internet radio. Toyota provides a complimentary three-year subscription to Entune.
Most reviewers think the 2013 Camry Hybrid’s available Entune infotainment system is easy to use and doesn’t distract them from watching the road. One critic notes that the touch screen is hard to see in direct sunlight, and another thinks the car’s fuel efficiency display could look more futuristic.
- "Still a work in progress, Toyota's new Entune multimedia/telematics system already shows solid introductory capabilities and offers both a user-friendly interface and the promise of an ever-expanding group of downloadable apps that should make it a worthy state-of-the-art rival to in-car alternatives of its competitors." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Unfortunately, the audio/navigation touch screen is not shrouded or inset, so it can be difficult to read in bright light." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "The [Entune] interface, as we were able to experience it, was simple enough that we were able to easily navigate from Pandora to Bing search to, well, navigation, without taking our eyes off of the road for too long." -- CNET (2012)
- "Camry isn't available with a fancy gauge cluster like the showy one you'll find on a  Ford Fusion Hybrid, a move that might sway some buyers in the showroom." -- Left Lane News (2012)
For the 2012 redesign, Toyota moved a few hybrid battery components from the trunk to the engine compartment, which increased the Camry Hybrid’s trunk space from 10.6 to 13.1 cubic feet compared with the previous generation. Although critics are pleased with the increased cargo space, they wish the small pass-through were larger.
- "On Hybrids, only the passenger side of the seat folds down, revealing a pass-through about the size of a large loaf of bread." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Moving hybrid components from the trunk to under the hood shrinks the battery housing, which in turn frees up additional space in back. The trunk now offers a truly useful 13.1 cubic feet." -- Edmunds (2012)
Next Steps: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Toyota Camry Hybrid
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Toyota Camry Hybrid for sale (25,351 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Toyota Camry-Hybrid
- See what others paid for the 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- View Toyota Camry Hybrid Photos
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings