Toyota Camry Hybrid Interior
Reviewers say the Camry Hybrid’s interior is modern and well-constructed with plenty of soft surfaces and attractive trim. The cabin is also very quiet, they note. All seats are comfortable, supportive and offer plenty of room, especially in the rear, test drivers report. Controls are easily accessed and simple to use, reviewers say, adding that they like the wide range of smartphone apps available with Toyota’s Entune App Suite, including Pandora Internet Radio. However, critics add that Toyota’s audio display isn’t as user-friendly as the systems in rival cars.
- "What the cabin design lacks in cohesiveness it makes up for with generally good materials quality, especially the handsome stitching on the dash and door panels of XLE models." -- Edmunds
- "Cabin materials are class-competitive, with ample soft-touch surfacing and attractive faux metal or wood trim. Some fairly ordinary plastic is evident but not objectionable, as it's mostly confined to the lower areas of the dashboard and console." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The Toyota Camry cabin for 2013 is generous in both space and contemporary sophistication, highlighted by a leather-covered ‘layered’ dash set off by trim-specific instrumentation and a center cluster inspired by portable music players." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "In addition to being spacious, the cabin was very quiet. Even though we were in a hybrid, the gasoline engine kicked on several times and it was nearly impossible to detect an increase in noise from within the cabin." -- Forbes (2012)
The five-seat 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid comes with a steering wheel that tilts and telescopes. Options include heated, leather-trimmed front seats with faux-suede inserts, power-adjustable driver and passenger seats and a leather-trimmed steering wheel. Test drivers agree that all seats are comfy and supportive and the rear seats are long-haul comfortable with plenty of head- and legroom. One reviewer says the Camry Hybrid has one of the most comfortable back seats in the class.
- "The spacious rear seat is enhanced by a nicely reclined seatback angle that makes it easy to sit back there on long trips. Along with the Honda Accord, the Camry is tops in the midsize sedan class for backseat comfort." -- Edmunds
- “There's plenty of headroom, hip room and legroom in all positions, the seats are supportive and the lower cushion of the 60/40 folding rear bench seat has been configured to deliver decent space for the passenger in the middle, a spot that is often neglected.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Hybrid inevitably mimics other Camrys with plenty of up-front space for tall adults, plus well-shaped, comfortably padded seats." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2014 Camry comes standard with a six-speaker audio system, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, a 6.1-inch touch screen, a USB port, an auxiliary audio jack, steering wheel-mounted audio controls and dual-zone automatic climate control. The optional premium navigation package includes a 7-inch touch screen with a split-screen display, satellite radio, a 10-speaker JBL sound system, voice-controlled phone and navigation and Entune App Suite, which is a series of mobile apps that integrate your smartphone with your car. Additional options include a rearview camera, a moonroof, blind spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, an alarm system and Toyota's Safety Connect, which notifies a response center in the event of a collision, lets you call for help in an emergency and assists in locating a stolen vehicle.
Most reviewers say the Camry Hybrid’s controls are simple and oversized knobs make the audio and climate systems particularly easy to navigate. Test drivers note that the Toyota Entune App Suite offers a lot of useful access to smartphone apps like Pandora Internet Radio and Bing search engine. However, a few critics point out that the audio interface isn’t as user-friendly as rival systems and that setting up smartphone integration can be an onerous task. One reviewer notes that the touch screen washes out in bright light.
- "The few downsides include overly light steering that offers little feedback and an occasionally finicky touchscreen with a complicated setup process for smartphone integration." -- Edmunds
- “Controls are simple and straightforward; even the climate and audio systems have large, handy dials. Too bad the audio/navigation touch screen is not shrouded or inset, as it can be hard to read even in moderately strong light.” -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Still a work in progress, Toyota's new Entune multimedia/telematics system already shows solid introductory capabilities and offers both a user-friendly interface and the promise of an ever-expanding group of downloadable apps that should make it a worthy state-of-the-art rival to in-car alternatives of its competitors." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "The tech isn't quite as easy to use as systems like Chrysler UConnect or even the half-reviled MyFord Touch, but it becomes an innocuous part of the experience quickly." -- Autoblog (2013)
- "The [Entune] interface, as we were able to experience it, was simple enough that we were able to easily navigate from Pandora to Bing search to, well, navigation, without taking our eyes off of the road for too long." -- CNET (2012)
The Toyota Camry Hybrid has 13.1 cubic feet of trunk space, which is a bit less than the 15.4 cubic feet in the gas-only Camry. Though that’s a small trunk for a midsize sedan, it's larger than the trunks in most other midsize hybrids. Reviewers complain that only one rear seat folds down, revealing a small pass-through between the trunk and cabin.
- "With 13.1 cubic feet, the trunk offers respectable capacity for a hybrid sedan (hybrids typically sacrifice some space to their under-floor battery packs)." -- Edmunds
- “On Hybrids, only the passenger side of the seat folds down, revealing a pass-through about the size of a large loaf of bread." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Toyota Camry Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Search used Toyota Camry Hybrid for sale (25,841 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings