2008 Toyota Camry Solara Review
The 2008 Camry Solara delivers a smooth, comfortable, predictable ride, paired with spacious front and rear seating, and a massive trunk for the class. But its power and handling can't match the sports performance of some others in its class.
Overall, the Toyota Camry Solara has good performance, styling and dependability. Automotive.com says it's "the perfect way to hold on to all the brand's virtues while providing a little escapism (and looking good, too)." The Solara's driving experience is smooth, plush and even luxurious. Most refer to it as a great road car with beautiful, sleek exterior lines. The interior is widely praised for being spacious and well-executed, while the trunk is one of the largest in its class. The 2008 Toyota Camry Solara is available in three trim levels and two body-styles -- each priced accordingly. For 2008, the Camry Solara and the Camry Solara Convertible carry over virtually unchanged.
Come check out this month's Best Toyota Deals where we have done the research to get you the best offer.
- "Comfortable, sensible, and practical, it has all the earmarks of an excellent coupe." -- Automobile.com
- "Other than a dislike of fake wood trim, and a feeling that the Camry just misses on pizzazz, there is not much to put you off buying a new Camry Solara Coupe." -- The Auto Channel
- "The Solara coupe is supposedly the sporty version of the Camry but has always ended up as merely a slightly more stylish variant. Now that the Solara is based on the last-generation Camry, it lags even further in performance, as it is down on horsepower compared with the new sedan." -- Car and Driver
Next Steps: Toyota Camry Solara
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Toyota Camry Solara for sale (860 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Toyota Camry-Solara
- View Toyota Camry Solara Photos
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings