Toyota Corolla Review
The 2015 Toyota Corolla ranks 15 out of 27 Affordable Compact Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Corolla, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Toyota Corolla handles everyday driving well and provides a spacious rear seat, critics say, but it is less enjoyable to drive than the competition.
Test drivers find that the standard four-cylinder engine in the 2015 Toyota Corolla provides adequate power for everyday driving but does not feel very powerful. An automatic transmission is available and a six-speed manual is standard. For the class, the 2015 Corolla gets good fuel economy, earning up to an EPA-estimated 29/38 mpg city/highway. Corolla LE Eco models offer even better fuel economy with up to 30/42 mpg. Most test drivers agree that dull steering and excessive body roll through turns mean the Corolla isn't fun to drive. However, they praise the Corolla’s comfortable ride.
The 2015 Corolla draws praise from automotive writers for its high-end dashboard materials, although a few critics dislike some hard plastic interior surfaces. Reviewers say the front seats provide good support and that the back seats provide exceptional legroom. Trunk space is on par with others in the class, but critics find its large opening makes loading and unloading cargo easy. Bluetooth and a USB port are standard. Optional features include a rearview camera, proximity key, navigation and Toyota's Entune infotainment system with a 6.1-inch touch screen. Test drivers say that Entune is easy to use and that the display screen has crisp graphics and a logical menus.
- "The 2015 Toyota Corolla isn't built to excite, but its sensible blend of fuel economy, features, versatility and value make it a compelling choice for typical small sedan shoppers." -- Edmunds
- "While the Corolla is solid, it's not sporty or sexy or even luxurious. If you're looking for any or all of these attributes in a compact car, we suggest the Ford Focus, Dodge Dart or Hyundai Elantra." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The controls are still laid out sensibly, and the ride is still smooth and compliant. In other words, Corolla loyalists aren't likely to jump ship, but there's a lot more attitude in this redesigned model, no doubt, and Toyota hopes that will enhance the Corolla's crossover appeal." -- AutoTrader
- "There's nothing wrong with a good afternoon nap, of course, and the 39-plus-million Corollas sold thus far have provided countless reliable miles to their owners. But few have been fun." -- Car and Driver (2014)
Toyota Corolla Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Test drivers say the Ford Focus has sharp handling, is fun to drive and also rides comfortably. Reviewers also like its first-rate cabin materials and supportive front seats.
The Honda Civic gets good fuel economy, and reviewers say its available continuously variable transmission operates very smoothly. The Civic has upscale cabin materials for the class, test drivers report, as well as composed handling.
Details: 2015 Toyota Corolla
The 2015 Toyota Corolla seats five and has front-wheel drive. There are four trim levels: L, LE, LE Eco and S. All models have a four-cylinder engine. A manual transmission is standard and a four-speed automatic or a continuously variable transmission (CVT) are available, depending on the trim. The Corolla was completely redesigned for the 2014 model year and sees few major changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2014 and 2015 model years.
Research Prices: 2015 Toyota Corolla
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Toyota Corolla and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Toyota Corolla
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Corolla
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Corolla
- Search used Toyota Corolla for sale (21,535 listings)
- See Affordable Compact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals